Senior Design Engineer
- Posted 12 May 2023
- Salary £50.47 - £67.81 per hour
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineEngineering Skilled Trades Recruitment
- Contact NameStewart Bryson
Location: Reading - on site 3 days a week
- Deliver engineering solutions that meet safety and performance requirements, across programmes.
- Manage the design intent across the full engineering lifecycle.
- Plan and execute tasks in order to deliver agreed objectives to time; requirements, quality and cost.
- Lead, coach and develop a team to meet delivery objectives.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees contained within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities listing, as held in the company management system.
- Deliver Electrical and C&I Engineering solutions in relation to defined requirements, across the full engineering lifecycle, to a high standard.
- Effective stakeholder management, engaging others in order to have a positive impact on decisions and programme delivery.
- Support and mentor developing engineers in the production of engineering solutions and their career progression.
- Identify and support opportunities for cost savings, efficiency and business improvement.
- Contribute to identifying appropriate resources.
- Functional safety design standards and principles
- Applicable industrial legislation and standards
- Cyber risk to Operational Technology
- Development of design specifications
- Engineering Design Substantiation
- Ability to understand and interrogate PLC code
- Familiar with C&I CAD drawings standards
- Strong communication and stakeholder management
- Self-starter with ability to work in a passionate engineering environment
- Understand responsibilities under the CDM regulations
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.