- Posted 14 May 2022
- Contact NameJenny Chalmers
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Contracts Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Be pro-active in the preparation of contract strategies and development plans for company's ongoing requirements.
* Co-ordination and preparation of tender strategies and enquiries including prequalification requirements.
* Co-ordination and evaluation of tender submissions, including development of commercial and contractual evaluation models, conduct clarification and negotiation meetings, prepare and present recommendations to award to management.
* Prepare contractual documentation, setting up files in accordance with company's procedures.
* Post-award contract administration, rate negotiations, claim/variation agreements, contract amendments, performance assessments and the maintenance of comprehensive files.
* Provision of day-to-day liaison/advice service on commercial and contractual matters to personnel within the relevant business lines to ensure company's best interests are maintained.
* Research and resolve all commercial/contractual issues involving and/or referring to company's Legal, Finance. Tax and Insurance advisers as appropriate.
* Maintain awareness of market intelligence relevant to the vendors providing/who may provide services to company.
* Development and implementation of key performance indicators and continuous improvement of contractor's performance against same.
* Use of commercial expertise to create significant savings in relation to mitigation of claims from contractors or in the preparation of claims against contractors/other parties.
* Effective co-ordination between company Commercial & Contracts team, other company departments and contracting entities to minimise problems/claims.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Substantial and proven experience in establishing major contracts from conception to close-out with an oil & gas industry operator. Significant all round (generalist) experience in operations but who also has project experience in development and / or decommissioning activities;
* Experience of establishing contracts for areas out with the UK - proven ability to understand country specific terms and conditions;
* Excellent data analysis skills;
* Negotiation, presentation and influencing skills;
* Able to work with minimal supervision and make decisions;
* High level of literacy/report writing and numeracy skills;
* Experience in conducting meetings with contractor and operator personnel up to senior management level;
* Presenting and negotiating professional opinions in contract and other commercial areas, including all aspects of liabilities, indemnities and insurances and other contractual qualifications (with reference as appropriate to Legal, Tax and Insurance Personnel);
* Able to work under pressure and sometimes severe time constraints;
* Overseas travel may be required.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/054060.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.