Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Contracts Analyst, based in Aberdeen.
* Contributing to the development and execution of the overarching D&C contracting strategy, in support of all contracting activities.
* Giving advice and support across the organisation on matters relating to contracts planning, strategy and performance management.
* Undertaking all formal contracting activities relating to on / offshore service and work contracts, including assessment of internal and external demand, pre-qualifications, tender list development and contract development strategies. Issue of ITT, analysis of tenders, contract negotiations, preparation of contractual documentation and contract management plans.
* Completion of post-award contract administration including drafting and processing of amendments, variations, dispute management and obtaining internal & external approvals.
* Providing comprehensive advice on commercial and business risk.
* Contributing to the process of continuous improvement in the contracting process, including the adoption and sharing of best practice. Openly and proactively share knowledge across Supply Chain and wider business teams.
* The delivery of high-quality service provision which ensures activities are completed to the highest professional and integrity standards in accordance with the company`s contracting procedures/processes and business controls, whilst ensuring all decisions/commitments are recorded in an auditable manner.
* Working with department manager's and contract owners to monitor the performance of contractors and suppliers, developing highly positive and constructive relationships with key contacts, internally and externally, holding regular feedback meetings with all stakeholders.
* Taking ownership for the continuous development of personal and technical expertise and knowledge.
* Sharing knowledge and mentoring less experienced team members.
* Having a good understanding of outcome based contracting and transformational contracting methodologies which actively encourage superior performance.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Relevant experience in contracting within the oil and gas industry, experience in Operator environment is beneficial but not essential.
* Solid understanding of the oil and gas industry supply chain market and its contracting principles (use of LOGIC based contracts) and practices
* Full understanding of current UK/EU procurement legislation and the compliance requirements in terms of Supply Chain
* High degree of commercial awareness and fully developed analytical skills in terms of contractual cost analysis
* Comprehensive understanding of contractual risk allocation
* Highly developed facilitation and negotiation skills
* Extensive experience in post award contract management
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Ability to perform at a high level under pressure and to prioritise work accordingly
* Articulate communication skills
* Numerate, analytical and logical thinker with strong organisational ability
* An effective relationship-builder at all levels, with strong influencing ability both internally and externally
* Knowledge of information systems such as SAP and highly competent in using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Experience in budget and reporting techniques
* An understanding of project management practices
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/069307.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.