- Posted 22 June 2022
- Contact NameJenny Chalmers
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Contracts Analyst, based in Aberdeen.
* Organise and control all process-based activities relating to onshore/offshore service contracts in assigned portfolio (may include Corporate Services and/or Operations and Maintenance) including strategies, pre-qualifications, tender list development, issues of Invitations To Tender (ITT), analysis of tenders, contract negotiations and the preparation of contractual documentation.
* Partially working specifically in a role to facilitate multi affiliate contracts and contribute towards the strategy to operate as One company.
* Proactively work with the Lead Contract Performance to build and maintain relationships with contractors / suppliers and monitor their performance by participating in contract performance management activities.
* Liaise closely with the relevant company's Group Procurement Category Manager to locally deploy strategy and comply with governance.
* Actively pursue contracting synergy opportunities for all business requirements.
* Actively contribute to the company savings target programs by delivery of costs savings without compromising safety or quality.
* Provide proactive and timely advice and support to internal and external stakeholders in all matters relating to Contracts & Procurement, including operating as a 'Duet' with the technical counterpart to promote effective contract planning, management and performance.
* Utilise approved standard contract documentation and ensure compliance with standard contracting principles during negotiations.
* Comply with all applicable Contracts & Procurement rules, governance and process
* Ensure that contractor / supplier selection is carried out in accordance with Company requirements and Compliance Programme and that safety and environmental assessments are part of the selection process.
* Mitigate project risk through pro-active management and negotiation of contractual disputes. Support settlement of claims, in conjunction with senior management and Legal, by proposing strategies and actions and by participating in negotiations.
* Contribute to the process of continuous improvement, including participation in and promotion of Lean initiatives and adoption and sharing of best practice.
* Prepare and Present (where required) Contracts Committee presentations.
* Demonstrate personal commitment to the HSE Policy and actively participate in Company safety awareness and initiative schemes.
* Maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all relevant Statutory and Company HSE standards.
* Senior Specific Role:
* Participate in the coaching of the Contract Analysts.
* Participate in development of the Contracting Procedures.
* Prioritise workload to ensure that operational and long-term services requirements are met.
* Participate in the deployment of comapny's Category Strategies.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Educated to degree level or similar and/or demonstrate significant ability through experience.
* Strong, demonstrable, practical experience in preparation and negotiation of medium to high complexity technical contracts.
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross‐functionally with other departments in a dynamic business environment.
* Capability to operate with a globally distributed network of colleagues to manage relationships and identify opportunities for synergies.
* Demonstrated experience in sourcing negotiations, supplier management and contract management.
* Ability to challenge others in a constructive manner and negotiate with internal peers and other stakeholder representatives to influence decisions or ways of working
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/055452.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.