- Posted 16 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Commercial Adviser, based in Aberdeen.
* Ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation and company's HSEQ procedures
* Providing day to day management of operational commercial agreements for NOV assets and operated assets for which there is no Hub JV Adviser
* Proactively identify, with the hub Business Manager/JV Adviser and NOJV Manager where appropriate, where value can be optimised and risks managed, and ensuring that such incremental value and risk mitigation is secured
* Ensuring relevant stakeholders have a timely awareness of the actions required to be in full compliance with obligations, making clear which individuals or teams are responsible for enforcing or performing such rights and obligations
* Ensuring any risk to, or erosion of contractual rights is robustly resisted through stakeholder management and appropriate escalation so that existing rights are preserved and enhanced
* Enforcing or performing contractual rights and obligations that are allocated to the Senior Commercial Adviser and supporting the performance of such rights that are allocated to others
* Proposing, with the relevant hub JV Adviser (where appropriate), amendments to the commercial agreements in the first instance with the VP Commercial and then with relevant stakeholders as necessary and then negotiating such amendments as appropriate with relevant functional support
* Ensuring the legal team and hub JV Adviser (where appropriate) are consulted in respect of the commercial agreements, particularly regarding any communication with counterparties, disputes, amendments, or regarding any interpretation questions
* Ensuring that the implementation of all agreements is supported by timely and thorough 'handovers' to all the relevant areas of the business
* Ensuring obligations, actions and responsibilities are uploaded to the agreement obligation tracker system and that all actions are carried out
* Ensuring the protection of business-critical information and documentation, including application of the Group Records Management standard
* Responsibility for maintaining the Commercial Operations Framework document related to each asset for which the incumbent holds responsibility
* Ensuring that colleagues in relevant assets and supporting functions are provided with the relevant information to understand the commercial intent behind the agreements, the opportunities for further value enhancement and a summary of the key risks in the agreements
* Support Business Development activities as required
* Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Performance focussed with commercial mind-set, agility and a focus on delivery and performance as well as problem solving
* Demonstrable stakeholder management skills and ability to positively influence and support the development of less experienced members of the team
* Influencing and negotiation skills
* Ability to recognise links between wide ranging issues with the skill to develop overviews and propose solutions under changing circumstances.
* Sound communication and relationship building skills with the proven ability to form strong and trusting working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, and to influence and motivate individuals to work together in pursuit of team goals
* Demonstrates the ability to be results oriented with a commercial focus and has the enthusiasm to seek improvements in business performance
* Awareness of company's HSEQ Policies and Business Management System (BMS)
* Awareness of company's Values & Business Principles
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/062262.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.