- Posted 30 August 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameAdrian Davidson
Role Title Senior Civil/Structural Engineer
Line Manager Head of Engineering
Anesco is a market leader in renewable energy, managing the development, design, construction, maintenance, and market optimisation of large-scale projects across the UK, and more recently in Europe.
To date the company has constructed over 100 grid scale solar farms and 30 energy storage facilities, while its O&M service is monitoring more than 24,000 sites. The technologies we have deployed and manage are generating over 1GW of renewable energy and we have a further 2.5GW portfolio of projects in development.
With a global focus on climate change there has been no better or exciting time to join Anesco as we look to expand our footprint in Europe and accelerate the transition to net zero.
Our company Values
We are proud to be market leaders in our chosen areas of expertise, we embrace innovation and are focussed, striving to be the best. At Anesco we are one team, building trust and enduring relationships with our colleagues, customers, and suppliers. We champion renewable energy and are committed to causing no harm to people or the environment.
A critical role within the Anesco's Engineering team, providing Civil/Structural Engineering oversight across all projects. Performing the role of a Civil/Structural Technical Authority, ensuring the required governance and assurance around design, construction, studies and analysis and risk management.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Undertake technical and feasibility studies and site investigations.
- Develop designs from concept to detailed for civil/structural aspects of projects.
- Assess the potential risks of specific projects, as well as undertake risk management in specialist roles.
- Supervise tendering procedures and construct proposals.
- Manage, supervise, and visit contractors on site and advise on Civil/Structural Engineering issues.
- Oversee work of junior staff, or mentor Civil/Structural engineers throughout the Chartership process.
- Communicate and liaise effectively with colleagues and architects, subcontractors, contracting civil engineers, consultants, co-workers, and clients.
- Think both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems.
- Manage budgets and other project resources.
- Review and approve project drawings.
- Use computer-aided design (CAD) packages for designing projects.
- Attend public meetings to discuss projects, especially in a senior role.
- Adopt all relevant requirements around issues such as building permits, environmental regulations, sanitary design, good manufacturing practices and safety on all work assignments.
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge in industry standard electronics/electrical systems and mechanical engineering.
- Large construction project experience, covering all aspects of Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Experience of Health, Safety and Environmental risk management processes, HAZOP, HAZID.
- Expertise in design risk assessment and mitigation.
- Experience in leading a team of specialists.
- Full turnkey construction experience spanning Civils, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, as well as commissioning.
- Project Management experience to a Senior level to ensure understanding of the full EPC process.
- Design and engineering knowledge relevant to grid scale solar PV and Battery Energy storage (BESS).
- Solar PV sector expertise including mounting structures, inverters, transformers, module design and construction methods.
- Methods of piling for battery and PV projects and alternative and innovate solutions for mounting systems.
- Awareness of relevant industry standards including Safety and Environmental.
- Entrepreneurial - self driven and comfortable with a fast-paced, competitive environment.
- Resilient - Used to work under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- A natural collaborator, keen to add value to the wider business and build strong client relationships.
- A positive and pro-active problem solver.
- Able to inspire and motivate a team of technical experts.
- A true team player - fosters teamwork and collaboration.
- A strong organiser and tenacious leader, creating structure and clarity for both colleagues and clients.
Qualifications & experience
- Degree Qualified Civil engineer
- Chartered status with a recognised civil institute
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.