- Posted 06 July 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameIan Hunter
We have an opportunity for a SENIOR CIVIL AND STRUCTURAL ENGINEER on a permanent basis.
The position will be based in Surrey, Barcelona or Rotterdam or Poland - location is whichever best suits the candidate.
If interested please send CV and availability and advise which of the locations is of interest to yourself.
The Senior Civil/Structural Engineer shall hold an engineering degree in Civil Engineering and be a chartered engineer.
- 15+ years' experience in Civil and Structural experience in a Process Design/Operations Industry.
- Experience as the Civil and structural Lead Engineer on proposals and projects (greenfield and brownfield) with project value ~$10MM+
Shall be thoroughly proficient in all the tasks below:
- Foundation design both shallow and piled for a variety of structures - dynamic equipment e.g. compressors, building foundations, static equipment and piperack structures
- The structural design of site built steelwork such as piperacks, buildings, Equipment supports.
- Knowledge of geotechnical terminology and principles to understand the geotechnical data in soil Investigative reports and determine foundation types..
- Understand the duration for various civil and structural tasks in order to assist in preparation of project schedules. costings and proposals.
- Design of modular structures (piping modules, equipment skids)
- Underground gravity drainage experience
- Have knowledge in the use of industry wide software package - STAAD-Pro
- Use of various international design standards - AISC, IBC,ASCE, Eurocodes
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.