We have a current opportunity for a Senior Chartering Coordinator on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Sutton. For further information about this position please apply.
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Chartering Coordinator in London on a permanent basis with work from home arrangements available.
In this role, you'll handle pre-award market engagement, supplier selection, negotiations, , placement of contract and post-award management.
The responsibilities include:
* Liaising with suppliers in order to perform market screening and issuance of enquiries to the market
* Performing commercial assessment, normalisation and evaluation of offers from suppliers
* Issuance of bid summary and presentation to internal stakeholders
* Supporting and coordinating technical evaluations with internal functions and stakeholders
* Supporting negotiations with selected suppliers pre-contract award and through placements of Charter Party with selected owners
* Overseeing the post contract award of the Charter Parties, issue of any addendum to the contracts during support and remains focal point between suppliers and internal stakeholders until completion of the contract
* Collaboration with key project stakeholders
* Review and obtaining approval of invoices related charter party agreements
* Tracking of costs related to each charter party against the As Sold budget
* Ensuring timely close out of the Charter Party upon completion of the works
* Strong supplier interface during the Chartering pre and post award activities
* Supporting pre-qualification of suppliers
* Experience working with BIMCO charter parties most specifically Supply Time, Heavycon, Bargehire and GENCON
* Experience in a similar position with owner, broker or working for charterer
* Good contracting and negotiation skills
* Positive communications skills
* Capable of handling multiple and challenging requests
* Ability to work in a time-sensitive situation and to meet tight deadlines
* Degree or Qualification in Maritime Business or Maritime Law is desirable
The right to work in the UK on a full-time basis is required.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.