- Posted 05 August 2022
- Salary Neg
- Contact NameJenny Chalmers
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Category Specialist, based in Aberdeen.
* Undertake (in conjunction with and/or with the agreement of the Wells & Subsurface Category Lead) category assessments to generate innovative opportunities and robust strategic sourcing plans to support the Wells & Subsurface functions.
* Provide relevant knowledge and understanding of end-to-end Category Management within the Wells & Subsurface categories.
* Effectively manage assigned portfolio to support the delivery of the annual category plan in support of immediate and/or future Wells & Subsurface requirements
* Ensures value is maximised from the contract negotiation through the whole life cycle of the category.
* Working with key internal stakeholders, manage all procurement activity across the Wells & Subsurface categories. This includes the creation and implementation of category plans or contract strategies that will ensure delivery in line with business objectives, regulatory requirements and the landing of all value negotiated.
* Provide key inputs into the corporate investment and value assurance framework process in support of Wells & Subsurface projects.
* Demonstrate some knowledge of the Wells and Subsurface market.
* Be seen by the business as the Procurement / commercial go-to person for some Wells & Subsurface categories related matters.
* Understand the category and provide insight for the business on some aspects of market dynamics, regulatory framework, suppliers and technical innovations.
* Report changes and updates in the market.
* Source and procure a range of goods and services across one or more Wells & Subsurface categories, ensuring optimum value for money within defined service and quality criteria.
* Identify opportunities for, support or lead and evaluate competitive tenders and proposals for the supply of goods and services, negotiating with suppliers on all commercial and contractual matters and applying judgement as to what constitutes an acceptable level of contractual risk and supply resilience.
* Create negotiation strategies and lead simple to mid-complex negotiations.
* Deliver a "fit for purpose" sourcing and selection approach which is flexible, and delivery focussed.
* Provide support to the Wells Category Lead/Category Manager in complex negotiations through data, market information etc.
* Draft, negotiate and obtain agreement to contracts, ensuring that operational and commercial risks to the business are fully understood and minimised.
* Engage internal stakeholders such as the Line (Wells & Subsurface), HSE, Legal, Insurance and Finance when negotiating a contract, to ensure that all related risks have been adequately reviewed and acceptable.
* Be the focal point for Subsurface MLA's and Agreements.
* Manage most one-off contracts or low value sourcing activities.
* Manage all cost reconciliation and contract close out activities at the end of a project or at contract expiration for assigned portfolio.
* Identify and achieve defined improvement to the bottom line and cost saving targets by examining total acquisition costs and working closely with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
* Support the forecasting of future expenditure patterns within key business segments. Develop appropriate strategies to ensure budgeted value improvements are proactively identified and implemented.
* Challenge business plans where alternate opportunities exist to deliver higher value outcomes, ensuring all options have been duly evaluated.
* Within the Category Management framework, develop, build and maintain supplier engagement through appraisal and performance monitoring, value analysis, continuous improvement, supplier / supply base development, compliance and demand management.
* Ensure compliance to contract terms, both legal and commercial (including value delivery).
* Provide support and sometimes lead the discussion on the management of contractual risk and agree in conjunction with senior stakeholders' steps to ensure remediation or reduction.
* Manage commercial interfaces between senior stakeholders from the business and suppliers.
* Drive communication between the key internal stakeholders and suppliers to ensure a consistent approach.
* Resolve contractual and supplier disputes when they occur, protecting the interests of the business at all times and engaging Legal Business Partners where required. Gain appropriate remediation/recompense for the business if appropriate. Escalate to the team lead where such disputes are complicated.
* Challenge requirements and re-negotiate contracts in life and at renewal to optimise value and drive cost savings.
* Be a constructive integral member of the wilder P&SC team, actively supporting the development and delivery of the P&SC strategic plans and objectives.
* Participate in both Wells and P&SC general team events, in order to foster relationships and breakdown silos.
* Identify and implement opportunities for the appropriate use of e-sourcing techniques and e-technologies to increase commercial value and/or process efficiency.
* Identify any operational and regulatory risks associated with the work and escalating as appropriate.
* Operate information systems to the required standard to maintain accurate and secure records.
* Support the roll out of IFW for new contracts/contractors.
* Understand and adhere to the Company and Department's standards, policies and procedures.
* Adhere to the Competency and Training procedures, to promote a culture where customers are treated fairly and are properly informed.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Clear understanding of Category Management principles.
* Good understanding of relevant/assigned Wells & Subsurface categories portfolio.
* Very good knowledge of end-to-end Category Management including market insight, business partnering, negotiation, on-going supplier management and governance relating to assigned portfolio.
* Experience of simple and mid-complex business significant categories of expenditure through multiple functions within Category Management and maximising value to the business.
* Demonstrable track record of transformational value delivery through identification and implementation of innovative sourcing strategies, continuous improvement plans and demand management.
* Understanding of general and contract law and applications of LOGIC models (where applicable), in contract development, execution and dispute resolution.
* Demonstrable track record of leading contract negotiations.
* Understanding of the commercial aims and objectives of Company.
* Can own delivery elements of category wide improvement project.
* Competent in the use of Company business tools - SAP, MS Packages, Contiki.
* Ability to support or lead Supplier Relationship and Performance Management
* Ability to ensure business compliance with Supply Chain Process.
* Degree educated (preferably in Science or Engineering) or appropriate relevant in work experience.
* MBA or MSc in Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage.
* Membership of CIPS (or equivalent).
* Engagement up to a senior level, demonstrating the ability to influence stakeholders and manage conflicting views. Effective networking and business partnering skills.
* A minimum of relevant' experience supporting the Wells and/or Subsurface categories.
* Evidence of managing a simple to mid-complex category through the whole life cycle, ensuring the value created in the negotiation stage hits the bottom line Confident, with good communication and relationship management skills.
* High influencing, persuading and negotiating skills.
* Ability to present mid-complex ideas/concepts and take a consultative approach with stakeholders and peers.
* Team player with an ability to manage complex relationships between two different categories i.e., Wells and Subsurface.
* Good analytical skills with the ability to identify and expeditiously exploit commercial opportunities.
* Advanced skills using MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as Contiki and SAP.
* Relevant experience in procurement/category roles supporting the Wells and/or Subsurface functions.
* Good imagination and creativity abilities.
* A proven record of significant cost reductions in goods and services.
* Ability to meet deadlines/deliver on promises.
* MCIPS or equivalent
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/055765.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.