Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Accountant, based in Aberdeen.
* Responsible for delivery of the month end, mid-year and year end integrity reviews and close processes, including gross and net book entries and Group consolidation.
* Deliver clear and efficient year-end & interim audits, whilst supporting the Corporate Accounting team in delivery of all SE Statutory Accounts, in accordance with relevant requirements (e.g.,IFRS, GAAP).
* Work closely with the wider finance team to ensure relevant asset/budget holder reporting (internal and to JV partners).
* Build effective relationships with external auditors.
* Responsible for authority reporting where applicable, including any local JV regulatory reporting requirement.
* Liaise with the Finance Operations team and the wider finance community to deliver the business reporting requirements ensuring all accounting risks and opportunities are understood and communicated.
* Own the delivery of SAP Master data changes to support the business and conduct UAT.
* Responsible for Annual Cost Share true-up
* Apply the company's controls framework, focussing on continuous improvement.
* Coaching and development of team members
Experience & Qualifications:
* Qualified accountant - Desirable
* University degree
* Significant experience in an accounting role in an O&G business
* Demonstrable record of improving systems and processes
* Experience of preparing, aggregating and challenging financial information
* Experience in dealing with varied stakeholders through matrix working.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/068915.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.