- Posted 02 May 2022
- SalaryUS$600 - US$700 per day
- Contact NameIona Larnach
We have an opportunity for a Scrum Master to work in Doha, Qatar (residential) on a contract basis
Our client is a major Oil and Gas company who have the objective to leverage the digital technologies (through various use cases) in an agile way to support the company Strategic objectives for the core business activities.
The post holder will have the following accountabilities:
- To build, animate and coach a high performing squad team to deliver one digital twin use case per semester.
- To teach, mentor and coach individuals, teams, and leadership to understand and apply agile values, principles, and
- practices in the context of use cases development for field digital twin.
- To work across organizational boundaries and with external consultant and technological partners to cultivate an agile
- community; to drive effective practice embedding.
- To involve people in change and influence through others to ensure that IS and the business entities understand agility
- and how maximum value can be derived from it.
- To maximize efficiency, drive out waste and pinpoint activities that add value
- Facilitate the agile methodology such as the daily stand-ups, refinement, release planning, sprint planning,
- capacity planning, estimation techniques, sprint reviews, retrospective.
- Be responsible for the backlog and have an overall view of the backlog tool.
- Present different metrics to various stakeholders (status reports, burn down charts, etc.).
- Support and partner with Product Owner to prioritize backlog.
- Escalate obstacles to the Head of Methods and Head of Product Owners as deemed necessary
- Facilitate various Scrum (or other) meetings and reviews, ensuring equal contribution from each team member.
- Help maintain motivation, team spirit and camaraderie
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Qualification: Bachelor of Science degree preferred. Specialization in engineering, data science or information systems management is a plus.
- Optionally, certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP) or Certified Scrum Coach (CSC)
- Minimum 3 years' relevant experience with agile teams, with must have experience in IS software development, in applying a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques to enhance the agile scrum approach.
- Strong interpersonal communication, team spirit behaviour, and proven ability to work cross-functionally.
- Experience in upstream O&G preferred.
- Fluent in English as a business language
For more information and to apply, please send full CV.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.