North Chicago, IL
6+ month initial contract
Hourly Pay Rate: $35-38/hr
Work Hours: First shift; 8am - 5pm (possibility of earlier start than 8 am but depends on job tasks)
Orion Group is seeking to hire a Scientist who will work with our premiere pharmaceutical manufacturing client in North Chicago, IL. Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry and knowledge of protein precipitation, liquid/liquid extraction, and solid phase extraction.
* Investigate, identify, develop, and optimize new methods and techniques to generate reliable and reproducible data in a timely manner.
* Read and adapt scientific literature to accomplish assignments and demonstrate broad and versatile technical expertise within discipline.
* Independently design and conduct critical experiments that further project goals.
* Implement and may innovate new experimental protocols/techniques.
* Understand the goal and maintain a high proficiency in his/her projects as well as the overall program.
* Interpret results and draw conclusions from own multistage experiments, note significant deviations, then suggest, design, and pursue relevant experiments.
* Understand relevant scientific literature and apply theoretical framework to solving problems within scientific discipline in a timely manner.
* Perform routine and complex tasks competently and independently and generate reliable and consistent results.
* Impact projects mostly through lab and/or pilot plant based activities.
* Responsible for compliance with all applicable Corporate and Divisional policies and procedures.
* Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug and radioactive compounds, GxP compliance, and animal care where applicable.
What years of experience, education, and/or certification is required?
BS Degree in Chemistry with 1-5 years relevant experience
What are the top 5 skills/requirements this person is required have?
* Knowledge of protein precipitation, liquid/liquid extraction, and solid phase extraction
* Ability to operate and troubleshoot Hamilton Robots, Tissue Homogenizers and other robotic platforms used for sample preparation
* Ability to operate and troubleshoot Agilent HPLCs, Leap/CTC PAL autosamplers and AB Sciex Mass Spectrometers
* Ability to use LIMS systems and Electronic Notebook to fully document experimental methods and results
* Proven ability to work in a team environment and an ability to collaborate successfully across other groups within R&D
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.