- Posted 26 May 2022
- Contact NamePhil Butcher
We have a current opportunity for a SCADA Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Austin, TX or remote based in TX and able to travel to Austin as needed. For further information about this position please apply.
As part of the Asset Engineering Americas team, the position executes on the design and administration of systems for renewable energy solar and energy storage facilities at the utility scale (20+ MW).
* Develop SCADA systems for control and operation of solar power and battery storage systems.
* Support commissioning of new power generation assets and substations.
* Develop and maintain substation RTU configurations (SEL RTAC).
* System integration of power plant control systems and substation automation.
* Configure various SCADA system elements.
* Provide high levels of customer support to the 24x7 dispatch desk.
* Provide off-hour support for emergencies and major system events affecting capability to run generation assets.
* Maintain programmable logic control (PLC) systems, and communication interfaces required to operate renewable generating facilities, solar & battery storage in particular.
* Work within global team environment on process improvements.
* Managing small teams and technical projects involving contractors.
* Strong capability to design industrial control networks.
* Good documentation and technical writing skills.
* 3-5 years of professional experience programming SEL systems, in particular RTAC's and substation automation through SEL relays.
* 3-5 years of professional experience applicable to electric power generation, generation management, and automatic generation control.
* Working experience with networking systems including fiber, copper, and wireless.
* Some working experience with PLC and logic control of utility systems.
* Some working experience with protection, metering, and substation equipment.
* Experience in the development of SCADA HMIs
* Experience with SQL databases and reporting systems
* Engineering degree
* Clear passion and motivation to work in the renewables industry
* Must be open to collaboration and working in a team environment
* Wind experience a plus
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.