- Posted 29 June 2022
- Salary Neg
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our Oil & Gas Operator client based in Aberdeen is seeking an experienced SAP Materials Requisitioner to raise materials requisitions with a technical familiarity of drawings and equipment specifications as well as QA/QC requirements. This will be an initial 12 month PAYE contract based in Aberdeen. Extensive experience of working with SAP is essential.
* Interpret drawings / specifications and complex quotations
* execute correct type of requisition set up according to the requirement i.e. stock, non stock or service
* Ensure correct accounting information is allocated to the requisition i.e. WBS or Cost Centre codes and apply SAP contract number where applicable
* Creates a sufficiently detailed requisition to allow efficient processing and eventual placement of the Purchase Order
* Confirms if a contract is in place or Single Source Justification is required prior to requisition being raised
* Proactively and actively engages with supply chain stakeholders to ensure efficient, accurate & best practice procurement & logistics activity
* Technically proficient in products/services being sourced
* Technically aware and has good understanding of QA/QC requirements
* Ensures the workload is prioritised and critical paths are met after Purchase Order placement
* Produce expenditure reports against contracts, reviewing to ensure accuracy and completeness and engage with Drilling team stakeholders to confirm if uplift is required for continued/ongoing services
* Liaises closely with Material Coordinator to confirm requisition requirements for materials
* Provide administrative support/cover in periods of absence for the Material Coordinator Role
* Develop relationships with key Suppliers particularly for services related procurement and provision
* Assist Lead/Senior Buyer in lessons learned exercises
* Participates in the compilation of file structures and continuous improvements in repository tools.
* Ensure all activities are undertaken in accordance with Company procedures (C&P procedures, HSE etc.) and industry good practice
* Champion QHSE in all activities
Experience & Qualifications:
* A rounded education at Higher Level (or equivalent).
* Relevent oil and gas experience
* Preferably worked for both Operator and/or Major Contractor
* Competent ERP User, preferably SAP.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* High degree of diligence.
* Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
* Competent ERP/SAP User
* Commercially aware
* Technically aware with QA/QC requirements and applicable industry standards
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/055576.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.