Orion Partner Plus is delighted to have been retained, by an independently operated developer and distributor of componentry and software, on the search for an experienced Sales Director who will lead a team of sales professionals as they develop and nurture customer relationships to acquire new customers, as well as increase revenue share within strategic accounts.
In that spirit of self-improvement, our client is looking to add to their leadership team with an individual who will bring tools and techniques that will further develop their team members and further grow the positive impact they bring to the industry. Generally speaking, the individual in this role will have the following overall responsibilities:
- Lead the execution, management, and further refinement of sales, CRM, pipeline, and lead processes for long and short sales cycles.
- Build and grow strategic customer relationships (existing and new) and promote products by partnering with the sales team on key opportunities and participating in trade show and industry events
- Partner with Monitoring Product Line Business Manager to identify new markets (industries) to sell new and existing products.
- Day-to-day oversight of performance, and development of the Sales Team. Provide ongoing coaching and feedback for individuals and team. Drive improvement in sales activities and performance.
Our clients objective is to identify a candidate that will thrive in this role, seeing success across their team and personally year-over-year. Below are the credentials they believe are critical for a successful candidate:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience
- Strong experience leading a sales team in a small to mid-size organization, distribution environment preferred
- Strategic market planning experience from initiation to go-to-market
- Industrial business to business experience
- Coordinated deployment of marketing content
- Multi-channel industrial distribution experience (digital, print, direct sales force, channel partners, reps)
- Must reside in the Midwest area.
- Ability to be onsite at the Wauconda location as needed.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.