We have a current opportunity for a Rig Verifier (Marine Specialist) on a long term contract. 3/3 week rotation - remote working with travel as required.
- Conduct verification activities and other assignments in support of the agreed Wells Rig Verification Annual Plan by focusing on prioritised Wells enduring risks including applicable barrier effectiveness and emerging risks.
- Review pre-read materials and prepare system specific test plans (where applicable), daily plans, and sampling strategy based on the verification scope and role(s).
- Develop findings which clearly outline the gaps that exist between current practices and requirements and categorise these to reflect impairment of selected barrier effectiveness.
- Clarify and collaboratively support closure of Findings and related Actions.
- While working in verification teams, build positive and collaborative relationships.
- Valid STCW Chief Engineer III/2 certification
- +10 years' experience of work in:
- Marine Engineering and Dynamic positioning systems
- Mobile Offshore Drilling Units (MODU) / Offshore Vessel Audits
- MODU Dynamic Positioning systems
- Failure Mode and Effect Analysis Studies
- Experience in role of Chief Engineer or Master Mariner
- Experience in Supervisory position
- Undertaken roles as a Marine verifier / auditor
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Computer literate
Investigation/root cause accreditation
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.