- Posted 04 July 2022
- Salary Up to US$1 per day
- Contact NameFaraz Sattar
We have a current opportunity for a Reliability Engineer-DPG on a contract basis. The position will be based in Doha. For further information about this position please apply.
To produce and steward Reliability improvement recommendations that will contribute to the safety and overall
field efficiency improvement by analyzing and learning lessons from unplanned events for technical failures
across all Maintenance discipline areas
* Drive an Incident Free environment / mindset within the Department and with all stakeholders
* Perform/review and provide coaching for Reliability-Centered Maintenance studies to optimize preventive
maintenance plans. Provide support for Maintenance Methods team and MIEC
* Produce monthly Reliability reports indicating critical equipment Reliability and key issues from PALM
corrective data, Smart Signal and other data sources.
* Deep analyse monthly SECE report to improve Maintenance and integrity Backlog Backlog
* Carry out SECE performance results analysis to optimise maintenance test frequency
* Compile vital function availability and reliability status from other maintenance discipline
* Conduct and lead Root Cause Analyses (investigations) and to produce/steward appropriate actions to mitigate
or avoid reoccurrence. Support HSE / Reliability joint investigations where technical failures have been a
* Focus on uptime/output losses and the causes of those losses (i.e Pareto analysis), prioritizing losses,
eliminations plans, and implementation of those plans.
* Lead obsolescence studies and produce strategies for long term sustainability, produce/steward appropriate
actions to optimize longevity of obsolete equipment where appropriate and to produce/steward recommendations
for equipment where obsolescence cannot be tolerated.
* Develop list of Top Reliability issues (Bad Actors) affecting production performance/business efficiency,
investigate and produce/steward action plans to mitigate or avoid reoccurrence. Review these Bad Actors
periodically for repeat issues and feedback into action plans.
* Developp and implement smart reporting from online monitoring sources for automated and semi-automated
Reliability data calculations.
* Provide Reliability Engineering support in the design and development of brown and green field sites
* Monitor Data quality and provide coaching for reporting improvements on defects reports in PALM.
* Promote reliability awareness centered around PALM reporting
* Coach engineer in the team on their tasks
* Promote cost awareness and innovation within his/her team
* All staff must be willing to participate in Crisis Response Training and to assist during Emergency Response
Situations if required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* BSc degree in science or technical field, preferably holding a certification in Maintenance/Reliability
* Minimum 10 years' experience in the petrochemical, refining, Oil & Gas exploration or similar Industry in
* Significant knowledge of offshore plant and equipment and maintenance systems
* Proficiency with technical manuals, PFDs, P&IDs, Datasheets, Cause and Effect Charts
* Experience in leadership with a strong work ethic, good presentation skills and ability to communicate ideas,
concepts and technical information to a broad audience.
* Working knowledge of formal Root Cause Analysis, Life Analysis, RAM, FMEA and Reliability/Risk Centered
Maintenance Tools and Techniques.
* Medically fit to travel to offshore oil & gas platform
* Results driven approach and attitude.
* Fluent in English (listening, writing and speaking) and its technical vocabulary
* Proven experience on Computerised Maintenance and Inspection Management System (CMIMS), specially with
SAP PM module
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.