- Posted 01 October 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameCatriona Cooper
▪ Deliver maintenance improvement initiatives to the assets to improve maintenance efficiency, equipment reliability and positively influence plant performance. ▪ Conduct detailed analysis and reporting of maintenance data to improve plant and equipment performance e.g. utilisation of SAP maintenance pass / fail data to optimise maintenance routines; Lead Root Cause Analysis (RCA) investigations and implement findings to improve maintenance / prevent equipment failure. ▪ Develop business tools and systems to measure, monitor and report equipment reliability and maintenance performance.
Role Deliverables and Responsibilities
Deliver maintenance improvement initiatives: ▪ Manage third party vendors carrying out reliability assessments e.g. criticality assessment, Maintenance reliability and optimisation studies etc. ▪ Provide recommendations and business justification for reliability improvement projects and implement approved scopes. ▪ Refine and develop maintenance and reliability elements of the work management process. ▪ Identify and Implement industry maintenance and reliability best practice across business units. Analysis of maintenance data: ▪ Proactively monitor, review, and analyse plant and equipment performance to identify opportunities to maximise reliability and availability e.g. identification of 'bad actors', analysis of Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF), Mean Time to Repair (MTTR), etc. ▪ Develop plans to deliver reliability and availability targets of key critical equipment including identification of threats, vulnerabilities and means to achieve targets. ▪ Lead RCA investigations and implement lessons learned across business units. ▪ Lead detailed equipment / system maintenance reviews to optimise and improve maintenance practice, tasks and frequencies. ▪ Measure and report asset adherence to SAP Work Management Process (WMP). Implement change to drive continual improvement and efficiency. ▪ Monitor asset maintenance execution ensuring that it follows corporate standards, HSE&SR policies, procedures, and industry regulations. ▪ Develop equipment maintenance strategies. ▪ Manage change of performance standards and maintenance assurance tasks as required. ▪ Analyse and act on condition monitoring data. Development of business tools to measure and monitor performance: ▪ Working with peers, continuously develop and monitor common, automated, reliability Key Performance Indicators (KPI's), that measure asset health and 'risk'. ▪ Development of Maintenance & Reliability Performance Reporting Systems with the objective of identifying key opportunities for performance improvement across Spirit Energy.
Working with People / Leadership
▪ Proactively maintains their technical and interpersonal skills and competencies, ensuring capabilities are up to date and in line with industry/functional best practice and that behaviours are in line with Spirit's core Values. Understand the skills, competencies and behaviours required for their role. ▪ Collaborates effectively, adapting their behaviour and communication as needed to get the best from others. Effectively promotes ideas and opinions and is able to influence others in a constructive way. Maintains good relationships across all organisation levels. ▪ Leads and instils technical and professional excellence, ensuring capabilities remain in line with industry/discipline/function development and best practice. ▪ Communicates and influences with impact, clarity and conviction, leading effective change. Consults and listens, taking on ideas, building rapport and enabling effective two-way communication. ▪ Presents and articulates ideas and arguments effectively, projects credibility and conviction, handles objection and incorporates others' ideas as appropriate. Makes / proposes informed decisions having consulted widely. ▪ Is familiar with and adheres to Spirit Energy's people policies and procedures.
Performance Management & Development
▪ Is accountable for their performance and delivery against objectives. Agrees their objectives in a timely fashion, assertively expresses what they need from others to be successful, takes on feedback and learns from their failures. ▪ Lives the Values and is a strong advocate of the Spirit Energy culture - understands and role models the behaviours expected. ▪ Provides clear, honest and constructive feedback, both positive and developmental, to colleagues, team members and others when requested. Be open to feedback received and incorporate into their development. ▪ Owns their development plan and discusses it regularly with their manager and L&D. Strives for continuous learning and development of their competencies, skills and behaviours.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
▪ Recognises bias, conscious or unconscious, and actively works to eliminate this from their approach to their work and colleagues. ▪ Eliminates the use of language that may leave others feeling excluded or discriminated against. Positively participates in discussion and collaboration on D&I in their teams and amongst peers, which persuades and brings positive change when needed. ▪ Treats all people equally and with consideration of protected characteristics and has an understanding of Spirit's ED&I policies.
▪ Embeds Spirit Energy's Leadership Expectations into their everyday work and interactions, continuously learning and developing these competencies for themselves as well as their teams. ▪ Is agile, flexible, open to challenge and able to challenge appropriately. Job Description Template Date: July 2022 Page | 3 ▪ Great communication skills that informs/shares knowledge clearly and unambiguously, influences and persuades in a constructive way, sometimes influencing a change in the course of conversations, to gain agreement and collaboration. ▪ Demonstrable experience in complex and ambiguous situations - able to adopt a calm and composed mentality that promotes proactivity and deals with disagreements, problems and issues in an open and constructive manner. ▪ Proven ability to work collaboratively, within their team and across the organisation and externally as required. ▪ Networks effectively internally and externally, creating an immediate, positive and credible impression on others. Leads other parties in conversations on the important issues and use persuasive contributions to influence change and action.
Key Technical Skills
▪ Highly proficient in the use of SAP and specifically the use of key transactions necessary to obtain a detailed understanding of maintenance programmes and performance. ▪ Highly proficient in software packages to analyse data e.g. Microsoft Excel. ▪ Take ownership for the continuous development of personal and technical expertise and knowledge. ▪ Structured and logical thinker. ▪ Proactive approach, comfortable operating either as team leader or member. ▪ Data mining, analysis, reporting with a skill for presenting clear findings and recommendations. ▪ Conducts all activities in a safe and effective manner and raises safety and environmental issues immediately and in line with corporate policy. ▪ Carries out duties in a way that maximises value and minimises waste and risk. ▪ Undertakes the role in line with corporate policy and readily accepts accountability. ▪ Continuously develops ways of working by seeking feedback from colleagues and key stakeholders. ▪ Demonstrate a sound understanding of engineering principles and practical application. ▪ Ability to work in a fast moving, customer focused environment whilst maintaining the highest ethical integrity.
▪ Degree qualified Engineer in any technical discipline preferred. ▪ Ideally a registered/chartered/incorporated engineer.
▪ Experienced Maintenance & Reliability Engineer with good relevant experience in Reliability Engineering.
Mandatory Training required
▪ All Spirit Energy mandatory training as requested, including Compliance training usually provided annually. ▪ BOSIET
Please refer the Job Description and Person Specification on Pipeline for Job Details and Job Dimensions.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.