- Posted 21 June 2022
- SalaryUS$28 - US$30 per hour
- LocationSan Clemente
- DisciplineLife Science
- Contact NameRachael Jalbuena
R&D Project Coordinator I
San Clemente, CA
6+ month initial contract
Hourly Rate - $28-30/hr
The R&D Project Coordinator will support the Business Development R&D department. The Project Coordinator is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of products through adherence to established design control processes and good engineering and documentation practices. The Project Coordinator will be expected to interface mainly with internal customers on the design and configuration of high-volume disposable medical devices. The position requires the ability to interact with multiple functional groups such as Marketing, Regulatory, Quality, Operations, Supply Chain, sterilization, etc.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Create action plans & follow up with action owners / get status update from various team members
* Schedule team meetings & draft meeting reports
* Participate in creation of best practices and procedures to continuously improve department efficiency and output.
* Adhere to established design control processes and good engineering practices
* Evaluate parts, products, or processes for efficiency and reliability to ensure long-term success of new / improved product line.
* Develops test procedures to ensure specifications and regulations are met
* Writes, reviews, and approves protocols, reports and data
* Conducts feasibility testing outlined in protocols and test methods
* Work on special assignments as they arise
* Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering or a related field.
* 1-2 years of experience in Medical Device Product Development and/or Manufacturing Support Engineering
* Intermediate or Advance skills in Microsoft Excel
* Detail oriented and ability to organize large amounts of work and data.
* Strong interpersonal skills required in the areas of verbal and written communications, customer focus, time management, and team building.
* Demonstrated superior communication, organization, and planning skills.
* Excellent project leadership and ability to expedite project completion.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.