- Posted 26 April 2022
- SalaryUS$20 - US$23 per hour + Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
- LocationLake Forest
- DisciplineLife Science
- Contact NameDanielle StGeorge
R&D Laboratory Technician
7+month initial contact
Lake Forest, IL
Orion Group is now hiring an R&D Laboratory Technician to work onsite for our intravenous medical device manufacturer in Lake Forest, IL.
The R&D Laboratory Technician will work with Engineering and Marketing personnel to evaluate product performance and limitations, and will perform testing on DV, PV and PQ samples.
R&D Laboratory Technician Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and writing of test protocols
- Perform testing on company and competitive products
- Perform statistical analysis of test results
- Document test results in a report format and maintain in QMAS
- Support R&D staff in prototype development and testing
- Maintain supplies and ensure the cleanliness and organization of the lab
- Laboratory equipment validation and maintenance
- Work with R&D or Sales and Marketing teams to develop test protocols, conduct product testing, analyze test data and complete test reports
- Evaluate product designs and provide feedback and recommendations to Design Engineers
- Document time and activities using ChangeMaker™
- Develop test methods and assist in the development of product performance specifications
- Maintain all controlled documentation through QMAS
- Work on special projects as they arise
- Perform functional laboratory testing on intravenous consumables medical devices to verify that products meet design specifications.
- Meticulously follow written protocols and test instructions
- Utilize manually operated and computer controlled mechanized equipment to perform tests.
- Accurately and legibly document test results in laboratory notebook using Good Documentation Practices
- Ability to work in a regulated environment and maintain compliance to procedures
- Communicate test results or issues immediately as they arise to key stakeholders (engineers, management)
- Assist the R&D team in development and validation of new test methods and data collection techniques using complex equipment and support new development projects
R&D Laboratory Technician Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred
- Minimum of two years experience in a Laboratory environment
- Minimum of two years in the medical device industry
- Knowledge of physical sciences, statistics, laboratory equipment, processes and procedures
- Knowledge of materials (emphasis on medical plastics) and medical device manufacturing practices
- Must possess excellent computer skills and ability to document test protocols and complete test reports
- Altogether 3-5 years of experience is preferred
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.