- Posted 27 April 2022
- SalaryUS$43 - US$45 per hour + Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
- LocationSan Clemente
- DisciplineLife Science
- Contact NameDanielle StGeorge
The R&D Engineer will support the Business Development R&D department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Assist in the development of products from concept to production
* Develop product requirements according to customer and business needs in compliance with international standards and regulations applicable.
* Adhere to established design control processes and good engineering practices
* Design and model components and devices for various product lines using SolidWorks
* Evaluate parts, products, or processes for efficiency and reliability to ensure long-term success of new / improved product lines
* Provides technical support on components, material methods, systems and equipment
* Provides the technical foundation for the development of risk documentation
* Develops test procedures to ensure specifications and regulations are met
* Writes, reviews, and approves protocols, reports and data
* Conducts testing outlined in protocols and test methods
* Executes engineering and validation studies on products
* Conducts failure investigations
* Work on special assignments as they arise
* Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in Mechanical Engineering or a related field. Master's Degree preferred.
* 0-2 years of experience in Medical Device Product Development and/or Manufacturing Support Engineering
* Detail oriented and ability to organize large amounts of work and data.
* Strong interpersonal skills required in the areas of verbal and written communications, customer focus, time management, professionalism, coaching, influencing, and team building.
* Knowledge of medical device manufacturing practices
* Knowledge of medical grade plastics and general injection molding principles
* Strong knowledge in joining methods of plastics
* Experience with design of experiments (DOE) and basic statistical methods
* Excellent project leadership and ability to expedite project completion
* SolidWorks competency required
* Understanding of engineering mechanics and physics
* Familiarity with machine shop practices
* Familiarity of drafting standards
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.