- Posted 04 June 2022
- DisciplineBuilt Environment
- Contact NameMonika Gajda
We currently have a vacancy for a Quayside Assistant to assist our Client's operations throughout their busy cruise season.
Reporting to the Operations or Cruise Co-ordinator, as a Quayside Assistant you will be promoting a safe working environment for all employees and facility users and also be responsible for co-ordinating and communicating with site users to support the welfare of cruise operations.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Supporting the cruise function; acting as steward for passenger arrivals and departures
- Monitoring safe areas and assisting with coordination of all facility users
- Lifting/ manoeuvring/ carrying barriers and other articles in order to fulfil Health, Safety & Security requirements
- General support for the cruise function
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Good customer service skills
- Team Player
- Friendly attitude
- Flexibility (available to work on a rotational basis, and to provide leave cover when required)
Hours of work:
- Working rotation of 4 days on / 4 days off
- 12-hour shift, 7am-7pm
Previous experience is not essential however would be advantageous.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.