- Posted 23 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Temporary
- DisciplineLife Science Recruitment
- Contact NameNicole Elphick
Orion Group Life Sciences are currently recruiting a QC Specialist on behalf of our Multinational Pharmaceutical client based in Cork on an initial 12-month contract (with potential to extend).
The QC Lean Lab Specialist is responsible for managing the application and integration of Lean Six-Sigma methodologies and key continuous improvement processes across QC laboratory. They will have a deep knowledge of QC operations execution and planning good business acumen as well as a strong interest in continuous improvement and Operational Excellence in business systems.
GENERAL SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Business Excellence partner and integral member of the QC Business Unit Leadership Team and functional departments through the development of business process standards in line with existing standards, e.g., Standard Work, 6S, Digital Performance Management, A3 Problem Solving and Value Stream Mapping.
- Shape and lead site-wide change programs through lean & six sigma methodologies.
- Embed & sustain 'Managing Site Performance' business process standard through Digital Performance Management on site.
- Lead Continuous Improvement Projects & mentor QC initiative leads on lean methodology.
- Develop and cultivate a continuous improvement culture.
- Enhance the involvement and engagement of employees in process improvements.
- Ensure all continuous improvement projects are conducted to the highest of standards in a safe, quality-focused, and effective manner.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Innovative, adaptable and collaborative approach to business challenges.
- Incorporates different perspectives, backgrounds, and talent to generate effective ideas or solutions and engage in open and constructive conversations, focused on high-performance teams.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proven problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Serve as a role model for making Credo-based decisions, helping others understand the value of Credo-based decisions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Third level Degree or equivalent qualification in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certified to Black/Green belt level or relevant Lean Qualification.
- Proven track record in leading significant project and/or change initiatives that have delivered breakthrough results for an organization.
- Strong cross-functional business acumen and demonstrated ability to lead the delivery of cross functional projects.
- QC lab experience.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.