QC Inspector NDT
Duration - 6- 9 months
Site based - Rosyth, Fife
Rate of pay £20 per hour
Standard hours of work Monday to Thursday, 9.25 hours per day.
Our client in Rosyth is seeking a high calibre QC Inspector with NDT certifications to join their QC team on the Type 31 Frigate Programme. The post holder will report to the Senior Quality Control Inspector.
The Post Holder shall also support the Quality Manager in ensuring the T31 Quality and Governance Objectives are achieved and support Quality Improvement initiatives across the T31 project.
- Working in a fast-paced shipbuilding environment
- Structural inspection and acceptance of ships structures
- Provide close liaison with Lloyds Register and other inspection and verification bodies as required.
- Manage the ITR inspection regime and maintain completion records within CMS
- Manage and coordinate LR inspections and coordinating their inspection diary.
- Conduct product verification audits and quality investigations on board ship as required.
- Where qualified carry out Magnetic Particle, Liquid Penetrant or Ultrasonic Inspection of Welds and Components
- Update and communicate inspection metrics in line with day-to-day activities
- Complete inspection reports in a timely manor
- Develop working relationships with work colleagues
- Work will require dexterity and ability to work at height and in confined spaces
- Candidates will have to demonstrate their certified proficiency (Trade Test).
Technical competencies / skills:
- An excellent knowledge of the Quality Control requirements associated with the construction and acceptance of Naval Warships.
- The capability to assess the work carried out by Production and their subcontractors to assure the quality and the technical acceptability of the work presented.
- The in-depth knowledge of the fundamentals of Quality Control.
- A sufficient breadth of knowledge of warship construction and design and the sound judgement needed to be able make correct decisions to ensure acceptance to the specified standards.
- Good communication and report writing skills.
A good understanding of warship technology and its associated validation process
The successful candidate must be able to secure Baseline security clearance and Disclosure Scotland
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.