- Posted 26 July 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameKeir Ferguson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of QC Inspector, based in Aberdeen.
* Inspection of items to BOM and drawing.
* Use of 1st principal and digital measurement techniques.
* Creation and population of inspection reports.
* Demonstrate competency in vendor and company's manufacturing document review.
* Ability to clearly and accurately converse with engineering and projects teams on outcome of inspection.
* Must be competent in Liquid Penetrant and Magnetic Particle Inspection.
* Must demonstrate competency in use of Brinell and Rockwell hardness testing techniques.
* Customer focus & determination to deliver on time
* Ability to adapt to changing priorities and clearly communicate changes to plan across the team and also the wider organisation.
* Comfortable working independently or as part of a team.
* Be an active contributor to lead resolution of non-conformances.
* Manage Oracle ERP system to ensure status is kept up to date in a near real-time basis and that work orders are completed correctly.
* Interaction with supporting functions to ensure timely delivery
Experience & Qualifications:
* Preferably NVQ trained in an engineering discipline
* Strong administrative skills/experience
* Previous experience in fast paced Services sector preferred
* Preferably a proven track record in a QC Inspection role.
* Understanding & experience of manufacturing processes
* Considerable experience working with Oracle or another ERP system
* Knowledge of reading and understanding Subsea procedures and engineering documents
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/056187.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.