Contract role through end of 2023
$30-$33/HR based on health benefits
M-F 8am-5pm CST, must be flexible to support clients located in PST
Hybrid position (3days onsite, 2days remote)
North Chicago, IL
Orion Group is currently hiring a purchasing specialist that will be responsible for all aspects of procurement for our pharmaceutical client's manufacturing sites located in:
· Irvine, CA
· Campbell, CA
· Cincinnati, OH
These are smaller manufacturing sites where no on-site procurement exists at this moment.
Procurement Specialist Responsibilities:
· Evaluates supplier base and spend across manufacturing sites in Cincinnati, OH, Irvine, CA and Campbell, CA
· Assesses and identifies opportunities with indirect suppliers across manufacturing sites in Cincinnati, OH, Irvine, CA and Campbell, CA
· Working with site stakeholders, identifies indirect suppliers to rationalize and consolidate.
· Makes recommendations for a more sustainable procurement approach/strategy across companies manufacturing sites where no on-site PSM exists.
· Encourages and develops positive relationships between key internal clients and suppliers.
· Identifies and elevates conflict to facilitate resolution.
· Responsible for compliance with applicable policies and procedures
· Demonstrates basic knowledge of the purchasing process (e.g., Purchasing policies and procedures, SAP S4Hana/SRM, and vendor master management) plus clear and concise written and verbal communications
· Works collaboratively within team environment.
Purchasing Specialist Qualifications:
· Experience and working knowledge of SAP ECC R3 or S4Hana is desired or equivalent ERP system.
· Analyzes data to make recommendations.
· Demonstrates critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
· Computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Planning and organizational skills
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task to enhance productivity and manage workload.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· High School diploma required.
· 3+ years total combined minimum years of experience required in areas such as Purchasing, Supply Chain, Finance, or other business related experience.
TOP SKILLS TO HAVE:
1. Demonstrated Procurement experience and knowledge including SAP (SRM, ECC)
2. Data analytics and assessment
3. Negotiation skills
4. Identifies opportunities and builds strategy for implementation
5. Supplier management
6. CPM certification, People management experience (preferred)
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.