- Posted 29 September 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameFinlay Asher
Anesco is a market leader in renewable energy, managing the development, design, construction, maintenance, and market optimisation of large-scale projects across the UK, and more recently in Europe.
To date, the company has constructed over 120 grid-scale solar farms and 30 energy storage facilities, while its O&M service is monitoring more than 24,000 sites. The technologies we have deployed and manage, are generating over 1GW of renewable energy and we have a further 2.5GW portfolio of projects in development.
With a global focus on climate change, there has never been a better or more exciting time to join Anesco as we look to expand our footprint in Europe and accelerate the transition to net-zero.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- The role includes understanding the local business objectives and desired outcomes, engaging internal customers, understanding options and risks associated with supply chain activities, building supplier relationships in order to achieve superior supplier performance, negotiating commercial terms to deliver best value solutions, and the measurement/reporting of the value delivered
- Accountable for: - Working with theCivil/ Mechanical/ Electrical market sectors and Commercial and Engineering managers to implement sourcing processes to ensure delivery of business plans and market sector/commodity strategies
- The development of sourcing strategies in alignment with applicable market sector / commodity strategies and specific business objectives (both local and international)
- Understands business requirements for third party goods and services
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of relevant supply market places
- Engaging the business and provide guidance on PSCM process and risk management
- Manages supplier relationships, engagement and involvement
- Leading the full sourcing process which includes development of scope, supplier selection, commercial negotiation, and contract execution
- Provides on-going contract cost management and risk assessment
- Ensuring the PSCM common processes are implemented, used and continually improved
- Coaching less experienced staff
- Participating in company networks, sharing information, best practices and lessons learned
- Effective utilization of business processes delivering sourcing activities
- Working closely with delivery leads to assure sourcing delivery to the business stakeholders
Skills and Competencies:
- Experience working in a multi-project environment with strong technical and commercial skills.
- Work as part of a team of buying and commercial professionals with the ability to adapt to project dynamics
- Advanced influencing and communication & customer facing skills
- Experience working with contractor organizations
- High level of self-motivation
- Experience performing effectively in a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment
- Previous Solar, PV, PVV is desirable, with associated transferrable sector skills
- At least +4 years of demonstrable Procurement, Supply Chain experience
Qualifications and Experience:
- HND/ Degree in Engineering/ Science or related Supply Chain Management qualification CIPS
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.