Projects, Wells & Decommissioning Health and Safety Advisor
- Posted 28 March 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameAnna Fryer
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Projects, Wells & Decommissioning (PWD)
Health and Safety Advisor, based in Aberdeen. 12 month PAYE Contract role which is Full Time office based.
* Providing interpretation, direction and guidance on related safety and health legislation to the various Projects, Wells and Decommissioning teams. Ensure any legislation changes are identified early and process updated accordingly.
* Act as regulatory focal point to facilitate any inspection activities, managing inspection preparation, attending the offshore inspection, developing response letters for any findings and supporting PWD assets to ensure timely closure of actions. Also ensure the prompt reporting of any regulatory breach.
* Develop, implement and monitor HSE Management systems across PWD activities, bridging to contractor management systems where necessary.
* Support contract tender processes, including identifying Contract Modes, conducting due diligence activities, and managing ongoing contracts. Liaise with contractor HSE staff through out tender and operational activities.
* Coordinate Regulatory submissions for relevant permits and consents.
* Oversee PWD investigation process ensuring effective investigation, root cause identification, action development and lessons learned. Ensure the incident management system is kept up to date and accurate at all times.
* Prepare PWD HSE data and reports for Asset and Leadership teams.
* Support the preparation and delivery of mobilisation and onboarding sessions to contractor workforce.
* Support the broader HES team with input to annual improvement plans, health and safety initiatives and planned audits.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree in Health and Safety Management or equivalent with recognised experience (ie NEBOSH Diploma, MSc, CMIOSH etc.)
* Broad experience of projects, wells, vessel ad SURF activities including preparation of internal regulatory documentation in support of COMOPS/SIMOPS activities.
* Excellent communication skills, with ability to work effectively in a matrix organization with line and functional responsibilities.
* Ability to effectively represent the company as an HES leader.
* Excellent MS Office skills with demonstrable presentation and report writing skills.
* Incident Investigator / Audit Trained / Emergency Response Trained
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/065699.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.