- Posted 01 October 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameCatriona Cooper
▪ Operating at an advanced level, able to manage complex marine and subsea projects and contracts. Has credible technical expertise of marine, diving and subsea project development to underpin commercial and project management decision making. Has significantly high competence in building positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders including regulators and international Tier-1 contractors. Will collaborate and manage Tier-1 contractor Senior PM's to collectively establish effective workflow interfaces across Spirits organisation. Contributes to the overall programme execution strategy development. Will have significant experience and knowledge beyond Spirit Energy methodology.
Role Deliverables and Responsibilities
▪ Role models IFW mindset and culture throughout the project team. ▪ Selects, develops and manages multi-disciplinary project teams of company and contractor personnel ensuring outputs and outcomes are delivered to meet the agreed business case. ▪ In conjunction with the procurement team, agrees contracts for the provision of services, monitoring compliance and managing variances. ▪ Contributes to project framing through preparation of the requirements of projects, and determines the best means of satisfying requirements. ▪ Consolidates and documents the fundamental components of projects (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities and issues, and quality requirements) as part of project planning. ▪ Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests. ▪ Identifies and manages project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that affect projects. ▪ Responsible for ensuring highly effective communication and reporting processes are in place and that all key contributors/parties involved in the project. ▪ Prepares, gains approval of, refining and updating business cases that justify the initiation and/or continuation of projects in terms of benefits, costs and risks. ▪ Prepares and maintains schedules for project activities and events, taking account of dependencies and resource requirements. ▪ Developing and agreeing budgets, controlling forecast and actual costs against them. ▪ Implement Management of Change to change the scope of projects, updating configuration documents as required ▪ Able and willing to travel and contribute to the success of offshore operations.
Working with People /Leadership
▪ Proactively maintains their technical and interpersonal skills and competencies, ensuring capabilities are up to date and in line with industry/functional best practice and that behaviours are in line with Spirit's core Values. Understand the skills, competencies and behaviours required for their role. ▪ Collaborates effectively, adapting their behaviour and communication as needed to get the best from others. Effectively promotes ideas and opinions and is able to influence others in a constructive way. Maintains good relationships across all organisation levels. ▪ Presents and articulates ideas and arguments effectively, projects credibility and conviction, handles objection and incorporates others' ideas as appropriate. Makes / proposes informed decisions having consulted widely. ▪ Is familiar with and adheres to Spirit Energy's people policies and procedures.
Performance Management & Development
▪ Is accountable for their performance and delivery against objectives. Agrees their objectives in a timely fashion, assertively expresses what they need from others to be successful, takes on feedback and learns from their failures. ▪ Lives the Values and is a strong advocate of the Spirit Energy culture - understands and role models the behaviours expected. ▪ Provides clear, honest and constructive feedback, both positive and developmental, to colleagues, team members and others when requested. Be open to feedback received and incorporate into their development. ▪ Owns their development plan and discusses it regularly with their manager and L&D. Strives for continuous learning and development of their competencies, skills and behaviours.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
▪ Recognises bias, conscious or unconscious, and actively works to eliminate this from their approach to their work and colleagues. ▪ Eliminates the use of language that may leave others feeling excluded or discriminated against. Positively participates in discussion and collaboration on D&I in their teams and amongst peers, which persuades and brings positive change when needed. ▪ Treats all people equally and with consideration of protected characteristics and has an understanding of Spirit's ED&I policies.
▪ Embeds Spirit Energy's Values and associated behaviours into their everyday work and interactions, continuously learning and developing associated competencies and behaviours. ▪ Great communication skills that informs/shares knowledge clearly and unambiguously and also implements and embeds change. Builds rapport and is able to influence in a constructive way / skilled at influencing decision makers on complex topics. ▪ Proven ability to work collaboratively, within their team and across the organisation and externally as required. ▪ Networks effectively internally and externally, creating an immediate, positive and credible impression on others. Leads other parties in conversations on the important issues and use persuasive contributions to influence change and action.
Key Technical Skills
▪ Technical competence to safely and efficiently manage subsea Diving and Wells Contractors with topsides operational interfaces. ▪ Competent to ECITB Intermediate or equivalent in the oil and gas industry, preferably with an operator and or Tier 1 contractor. ▪ Sound commercial awareness of supply chain management and have a clear understanding of project financing/cost control principles. ▪ Good communicator and influencer, able to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner.
▪ Degree qualified in Marine or Subsea engineering or relevant discipline.
▪ Direct experience of major decommissioning projects. ▪ Direct experience of working with both reimbursable and lump sum marine contractors.
Mandatory Training required
▪ All Spirit Energy mandatory training as requested, including Compliance training usually provided annually. ▪ Offshore BOSEIT qualified
Please refer the Job Description and Person Specification on Pipeline for Job Details and Job Dimensions.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.