- Posted 30 June 2022
- Salary Neg
- Contact NameJenny Chalmers
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Project Manager, based in Aberdeen.
* Accountable for health, safety, environmental and quality performance on projects.
* Frames projects at the initiate stage and determines the best means of satisfying requirements within the context of project objectives and constraints. Assists the Project Sponsor in establishing the business case, coordinating economic inputs, etc.
* Manages multi-disciplinary project teams of company and contractor personnel ensuring outputs and outcomes are delivered to meet the agreed business case.
* In collaboration with the procurement team, agrees contracts for the provision of goods and/or services, monitoring compliance and managing variances.
* Consolidates and documents the fundamental components of projects (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities and issues, and quality requirements) as part of project planning.
* Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests.
* Identifies and manages project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that affect projects.
* Responsible for ensuring highly effective communication and reporting processes are in place and that all key contributors/parties involved in the project.
* Prepares, gains approval of, refining and updating business cases that justify the initiation and/or continuation of projects in terms of benefits, costs and risks.
* Prepares and maintains schedules for project activities and events, taking account of dependencies and resource requirements.
* Developing and agreeing budgets, controlling forecast and actual costs against them.
* Implement Management of Change to change the scope of projects, updating configuration documents as required.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Competent to at least APM Intermediate PM level, through managing projects in the oil and gas industry, preferably with an operator.
* Commercial awareness of supply chain management and have a clear understanding of project financing/cost control principles.
* Good communicator and influencer, able to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner
* Degree qualified in an engineering/technology discipline, preferably at or working towards Chartership
* Previous experience in managing complex modification projects at the Operator level is essential, as is management of both internal project teams and a main contractor.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/055616.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.