- Posted 13 June 2022
- LocationCorpus Christi
- Contact NameKelsee Tedder
COMPANY has the need for a Project Manager in their Corpus Christi, Texas office. This position requires management of the full project life cycle to meet client and COMPANY's expectations in regard to scope, project deliverables, budget/financial performance, schedule, quality, communications, risk management and health and safety of project staff. The successful candidate will work directly or indirectly with clients, business development staff and project/market principals.
Duties include coordinating with Practice Leads and Discipline Managers to staff each project and will subcontract as needed to fulfill project and client needs. We are looking for an organized, detail oriented and dedicated individual who will fit with our collaborative project-team culture. The job generally requires some overtime hours, especially around end-of-month accounting deadlines and when there are overlapping project schedules.
This position will be assigned to the infrastructure market at COMPANY, reports to a senior project manager, and will primarily manage Municipal and Local Government (Counties, Utility Districts, etc.) projects on behalf of the market.
A Day in the Life of a Project Manager at COMPANY
Here's a snapshot of what you would do in this role:
The project manager is responsible for the planning, organizing, directing, executing and controlling/monitoring of the scope of services, budget, schedule, deliverables and resources required to accomplish the project objectives. This position will typically manage multi- discipline projects and may also manage indefinite delivery contracts or programs on behalf of a client with multiple projects occurring simultaneously. The responsibilities of the Project Manager (PM) include:
- Collaborate with technical staff within the practice areas.
- Interact with construction contractors, their staff, and subcontractors.
- Guide and participate in assembling reports, plans, specifications and other contract documents.
- Meet with clients to take detailed project scoping briefs and clarify the specific requirements of each project.
- Delegate project tasks to assigned resources within the practice areas based on individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze and control outcomes leading to the successful completion of short- and long-term goals.
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis and forecasts.
- Develop comprehensive project management plans to be shared with clients as well as project team members. Use and continually develop leadership skills plan and conduct project team meetings, both internal and external other duties as assigned.
What We're Looking For
We feel the following qualifications would set you up for success in this role:
- Can demonstrate knowledge of or quickly gain an understanding of accrual-based revenue recognition process and has ability to read and understand project budget/financial reports
- Can generate scope and fee for complex, multi-discipline professional service agreements
- Can demonstrate an understanding of earned value methodology and other project controls, such as scheduling and change management (scope creep)
- Can demonstrate or quickly gain an understanding of accounting terms as needed to understand project level financial reports
- Is committed to quality control procedures
- Can demonstrate an understanding of billing and accounts receivables procedures
- Has the ability to develop professional relationships with clients. Serves as a trusted advisor to one or more clients and can develop repeat business from those clients
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple, related projects and navigate complex activities that span business units, organizations, regions and/or cultures and has aligned results with organizational goals
- Can develop complete project management plans (inclusive of all sub-parts such as change management plan, risk management plan, communications plan, health and safety plan, quality control plan, etc.)
- Can read and understand client and subcontractor agreements and has had or can complete contract risk review training
- 8-12 years' experience in project management
- Bachelor's (BS) degree in engineering, architecture, construction management or related field but will also consider candidates with equivalent relevant experience
- Experience with Municipal and Local Government (Counties, Utility Districts, Etc.) is desired
- Familiarity with collaboration and project management software tools (e.g., SmartSheet, iAccess, Deltek Vision Resource/Project Planning, Microsoft Project, AEC360/Microsoft Dynamics 365) or ability to learn them is desired
- Experience with project process workflow and developing project work breakdown structures
- Can document, defend and achieve contract modification
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.