- Posted 20 May 2022
- SalaryUp to £50 per hour
- DisciplineValue Outsourcing
- Contact NameRob Wilson
I'm recruiting on behalf of my Client who is looking for a Project Manager on an initial 24 month contract basis for a large project in Northumberland.
Job Title: Project Manager
Rate: £50 per hour
Duration: Initial 24 Months (Possibly extending further)
Location: Northumberland with occasional office visits to Manchester
My client is looking to recruit a high level Project Manager reporting to the Contracts Manager / Project Director with proven experience of running major projects. The work comprises of the design, supply, installation, and test and commissioning of fire detection and fire protection systems across the project. Experience in fire detection/protection systems or building services would be an advantage not essential.
* Able to work alongside and collaborate with sales / estimating, design, and planning teams
* Assist with budget control of contracts, ordering materials and organising labour to cope with demands including the provision of monthly invoicing to client
* Liaison with the client and internal managers to ensure project goals are met
* Knowledge of building codes, safety regulations, and safety practices
* Manage all correspondence, plans, deliverables, schedules and documentation
* Technically qualified - Strong design knowledge and previous experience on M+E installations
* Minimum of 5 years experience dealing with major contracts
* Experienced in dealing with shared services, finance, legal, purchasing HR, etc.
* Ability to work accurately and efficiently and have good communication skills
* Qualifications - Suitable higher education
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.