The Project Manager will join the Project Execution Team as the leader of all engineering, procurement, and construction efforts for the new plant. This role will report to the Program Director, Construction and will be responsible for planning and overseeing the safe execution of the project plant on time, on budget, and per company project specifications.
* Be the single point of responsibility and accountability for the successful execution of the project. This includes safety, quality, schedule, and total installed cost.
* Ensure a safe workplace and job site by adhering to safe work practices and the applicable site-specific safety plan
* Serve as a leader of a matrix organization, coordinating closely with various departments and functions across the company
* Partner with engineering team, plant operations, procurement, and respective cross-disciplinary support teams to develop scopes of work, engineering drawings, component specifications, procurement RFQ documents and other required project specifications
* Plan and execute capital projects ($50-300MM) while managing to the set project budget and schedule
* Communicate and coordinate with internal Company stakeholders and subcontractors to ensure a consistent understanding and execution of identified schedule objectives, budget adherence, and work activities
* Coordinate with Project Control team from initial project funding/capital request through project closure
* Review cost and schedule performance including detailed budget variances, change orders, quantities reports, and other key performance indicators
* Prepare, issue, deliver project progress reports (daily to monthly); provide detailed project progress reports to Executive Staff
* Manage external resources as required, serving as company representative to subcontractors for all planning and scheduling activities
* Manage and maintain the project risk register, assigning key action items and owners to mitigate and manage all identified project risks
* Comply with safety, good housekeeping, product quality, and related regulatory requirements
* Other duties as assigned
* Minimum Years of Experience
o Minimum ten (10) years of project execution experience in medium to heavy industrial environments
o Minimum five (5) years dedicated project manager experience
* Education Requirements
o Technical degree- BS in Engineering
* Specialized knowledge or Industry Experience
o Working knowledge of total project execution process
o Strong problem-solving ability with proven experience.
* Communication Skills
o Driver of action
o Comfortable speaking and presenting detailed information in a group setting
o Excellent interpersonal and team leadership skills
* Computer Literacy
o Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with the ability to learn other applications related to the job
o Working knowledge of Oracle Aconex and P6 highly desirable
* Professional Certification
o Active PMP Certification or able to achieve Certification within 6 months
* Other characteristics
o Unwavering sense of trust, respect, honesty, and integrity
o Highly detail-oriented and well-organized
o Must be data-driven and possess a high level of attention to detail
o Must be a self-starter with ability to prioritize workload
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
* Experience in power generation, oil & gas, or paper processing
* Six Sigma Certification (GB or BB)
* Lean/Continuous Improvement experience
* Must be able to work on site at the Alabama construction site during construction and through ramp and complete turnover of the plant from Construction to Operations. Able to travel to engineering (EoR) and vendor offices, Bethesda Corporate, Raleigh Corporate, and other Company Plants and Ports, as necessary. Expected travel is approximately 30% but may change dependent upon business needs.
* Able to work outdoors for extended periods of time in heat, rain, and cold. Able to work weekends and evenings as required by the project schedule.
* Able to easily navigate on foot an operating construction site daily, including climbing stairs and scaffolding, walking through uneven and rough terrain, and entering confined spaces (as necessary).
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.