Location: 5 days on site initially to get to grips with role/project - then 3 days per week on site / 2 days working from home dependent upon the stage of the project
- To transfer the waste from Winfrith to Harwell including the identification and supply of hardware (Flasks, Interlocks, Mechanical interface plates) and the operational interfaces.
- Take responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of all team members in line with legislative requirements. Demonstrate and encourage a safety-first working culture
- Establishing a vision and proactive management to positively align a team in the achievement of common project goals and overall organisational objectives.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the safe delivery of a project to time, cost and quality targets ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory process requirements with responsibility for leading the project to a successful conclusion.
- Provides leadership, management and governance to ensure the project meets specified stakeholder requirements and promote the principles as set out in PD25 Project Management Process and Procedures.
- Ensure all project documentation is maintained to the required standards within the management system.
- Manages the development of a project risks and opportunities plan and instigates mitigation measures or other appropriate actions.
- Consider options for value engineering as well as the potential for changes to the scope/schedule/forecast costings.
- PM will work closely with planner / responsible for project documentation / health & safety / regulated procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Educated to HNC/D or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- APM Practitioner Qualification or equivalent
- CITB Construction Site Manager's Safety Certificate
You'll have relevant experience in:
- Demonstrable experience / evidence of strong project management delivery in regulated industry including; engineering, procurement, construction/construction management
- Experience of performing functional tasks on projects with a basic understanding of PD25 Project Management process and procedures
- Experience of large heavy duty electro-chemical equipment
- Experience of working in complex organisations (Matrix Management)
- Flexible and adaptable approach, willing to take on new work challenges
- Ability to maintain high standards of performance with responsibility and accountability for successfully completing own assignments and tasks
- Proactive communicator both internally and externally to the project
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.