- Posted 24 November 2022
- Salary £40000 - £50000 per annum
- DisciplinePermanent Recruitment
- Contact NameRob Wilson
Orion Group are currently recruiting for a Project Manager on a temporary to permanent basis for one of our industry leading clients in the Nottingham area.
Location: Nottingham - Mixture of remote and office based
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + Bonus
Working as part of the contract engineering team on both technical and commercial aspects of projects on a wide range of products and systems. From receipt of order, the Project Manager will become the point of contact for the customer, reviewing the job specification, designing the required solution, overseeing the project's build and test and liaising with the customer throughout.
- Initiating the project, checking feasibility and work out budgets, teams, and resources
- Liaising with the Development department to meet any job-specific design requirements
- Managing the project, which includes coordinating the project team to keep them on track and keeping the project on budget
- Working on a number of projects at any given time, requiring good organisational and communication skills
- Carrying out monitoring and control activities to track the progress of the project
- Proven experience in managing commercial projects in an engineering environment
- Previous experience in either engineering, manufacturing or construction
- Must have strong business / commercial and analytical skills ability to lead teams, suppliers and customers to effective solutions
- Competent written communications to produce manuals, test schedules, quality procedures, etc.
- The ability to use your initiative and make decisions under pressure
Engineering qualification - minimum HNC
Project management certification / degree
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.