- Posted 07 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NamePhil Butcher
Project Manager Job Description - Contractor
Project Manager with natural gas pipeline/facilities experience. Perform activities necessary to manage the development and execution of a broad range of natural gas facility projects including high pressure transmission pipeline, compression, meter stations, and storage.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Define and prepare job scopes and cost estimates
* Provide leadership and direction to project team that may be comprised of internal and external service providers including but not limited to Project Engineers, Planning Engineers, Operation Engineers and Environmental Engineers
* Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism, including but not limited to departments such as Certificates, Legal and Land
* Create and direct the controls for assigned projects
* Provide or direct the appropriate level of project documentation during the project and following completion to assure compliance with Corporate, Federal, State and other governing bodies policies
* Prepare and deliver presentations that communicate project proposals, descriptions and status to upper management, governmental agencies and/or the public
* Communicate the status of developmental activities to business sponsors using written and verbal communications
* Provide accurate monthly project cash flow forecasts
* Manage projects in a manner that assures safety, reliability, environmental and human impacts are mitigated while meeting the project goals (including but not limited to Schedule, Budget, Safety and overall Quality)
* Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal skills and listen carefully
* Communicate with Management on goals and objectives
* Ensure ongoing improvement through evaluation of current processes
* Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and high level of performance
* Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
* Travel is required and anticipated as 10 to 30 percent across a broad geographic region
*Position may be filled at various levels depending on experience and job skills of successful candidate. *
Undergraduate (Bachelor level) degree from an accredited institution in Engineering is required.
* Course of study in the discipline of Mechanical, Civil or Chemical Engineering is preferred.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, WORKING CONDITIONS):
* Must be able to understand the needs of the business unit(s) for which development work is being performed
* Must possess basic understanding of upstream, midstream and downstream projects
* Intermediate to advanced proficiency level in Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Office Suite general products
* Strong analytical skills and logical thought processes
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, including but not limited to the ability to present ideas, proposals and results to business segment leaders and to internal and external customers
* Ability to organize and prioritize daily work, including tracking and managing large projects, and see projects to completion while maintaining strict confidentiality (as necessary)
* Must be able to successfully and simultaneously manage multiple tasks, and work with minimal direct supervision
* Must possess general understanding of how corporate policies, procedures, practices and processes relate to the Gas Pipeline business segment, associated business units, and internal and external customers
* Experience in developing, implementing and successfully managing operating budgets
* Ability to work with a team, take directions from supervisor(s), high degree of attention to details, follow work rules, prioritize work schedule and adhere to established work schedules
* Ability to identify and establish expectations in an employee/employer relationship (subordinate/manager)
* Solid communication, motivation and interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage projects(s) that will include working with individuals with varying disciplines, backgrounds and experience levels
* Requirement to carry a company-provided cell phone/pager and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
* Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and a driving record satisfactory to company and its insurer.
* Effectively prioritize workload between several projects including the ability to take on new projects and shift priorities on short notice.
* Job level commensurate with knowledge, skills and abilities.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE: (NOT REQUIRED, BUT ADVANTAGEOUS FOR THIS POSITION)
* Experience in Engineering and Designing compressor stations, pipelines, and meter stations for mainline gas transmission service.
* Understanding of basic economic analysis as it pertains to project justification.
* Experience in the mainline gas transmission industry.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.