- Posted 22 September 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameAnna Fryer
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Project HSE Lead, based in Aberdeen.
* In consultation with the company's HSE Management, develop the HSE policy and philosophy for the project in accordance with established policies and procedures
* Evaluate risks at the appropriate level and take considered and measured risks only
* To monitor the application of the policy, philosophy and company's Golden Rules
* To determine and monitor the HSE KPIs for the project and propose corrective actions for any that are not on target including the safety training objective for the project
* To assist in the deployment of that adequate resources are available to carry out necessary HSE activities on the project by monitoring the rotas and project plans for vessel mobilisation
* To support the Project Manager with the relationship of partners and stakeholders on HSE issues, including input to preparation of meetings and presentation.
* Create the annual HSE plan and other related HSE programmes for the project and monitor its delivery
* Embed Maestro in the project by developing a strategy, working with others in the management of the project and preparing for the PMR audits by PJC/MSo group of the company
* Supervise the activities of the HSE resource to ensure the delivery of all necessary consents, permits and official documents.
* Develop emergency response documentation, training, duty rotas and coordinate emergency response with the Corporate SE team and Terminal manager
* Develop all technical safety engineering requirements and ensure requirements are incorporated into Contractors Scope of Work and planning
* Ensure that there are sufficient RSES trained personnel for offshore activities
* Undertake incident investigations monitor Stream output and develop any necessary reviews, programmes or other activities based on its output in coordination with Corporate SE if appropriate.
* Develop and monitor the health plan for the project and ensure medical and hygiene issues are incorporated in all activities.
* Act as Chair of the REX+ committee and Secretary to the L1 and L2 HSE Committees
* Plan and delivery of PLANC Register in accordance with Project delivery schedule
* Develop Environmental studies and ensure the studies performed as input into the legislative applications in a timely manner
* Develop SIMOPS dossiers in coorperation with WoS Operations Department
* Ensure legislative compliance at all times during the various phases of the project
* Regular travel to sites for HSE leadership visits (Contractor, Sub-contractors and Installation Vessels)
* Report to Project Manager and inform of any potential problems in a pro-active manner.
* Build strong relationships with Asset Management, Drilling and Field Operations teams so as to ensure strong lines of communication are maintained at all times.
* Maintain relationship and plan / chair meetings as required in the process of communicating with any governmental parties and consultees (HSE, SEPA, BEIS, JNCC etc.)
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree or proven Competency in a related discipline, e.g. Safety Management, Reliability Engineering, Environmental Engineering etc. with additional competencies in Safety, Health & Environment activities
* Degree in a relevant Science or Engineering discipline required
* Previous experience gained working in the petrochemical industry
* Proven track record having preferably worked in a similar role as Project HSE Manager or site HSE manager
* Good knowledge of Safety, Health and the Environment legislation, sufficient to offer advice without reference, and be able to offer detailed advice through reference to documentation
* Experience of participation in Safety, Health and Environment audits, technical safety reviews, incident investigation and emergency response, crisis management
* Membership of an appropriate professional body is preferred
* CSCS card or equivalent
* Oil spill response to level 3
* Trained to level of RSES within 12 months of joining if not done already
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/062407.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.