- Posted 09 June 2022
- Contact NameAnna Fryer
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Project Environmental Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Responsible for the coordination and delivery of the regulatory EIA deliverables for the Select Phase of the project, under the Project Management Framework in conjunction with the Project HSE Lead.
* This will include, but not be limited to, working with the Engineering Contractor to prepare onshore and offshore IA/EIA baseline studies and development of IA/EIA scoping reports;
* Responsible for the delivery of an optimised offshore environmental survey for the selected transmission/distribution cable routes and hub location;
* Support, coach and challenge the project team to ensure the IA/EIA is an iterative part of the concept select decisions and concept select report;
* Engage with relevant onshore and offshore regulators and statutory consultees to gain clarity on applicable regulatory regime and scope of environmental surveys;
* Manage contractor support to deliver the IA/EIA baseline studies and scoping reports;
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree qualified, preferably in Environmental Science
* Experience of UK onshore and offshore regulatory regimes and EIA experience
* Extensive practical experience in regulatory environmental planning, baseline survey, permitting and consenting.
* Experience of DCO/Renewables/Power Cable consenting projects preferred
* Experience in stakeholder and contractor management.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/054547.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.