Project Engineering Manager - Onshore Chemical Project
Germany / Austria / Remote
Great opportunity to work as a Project Engineering Manager for a Global Chemicals company, based in Burghausen, Germany with 40% travel to Vienna during the first year to oversee EPCM company.
The project will involve revamp activities to an existing plant, and also the construction of a new process plant consisting of several buildings and process units, total project value circa $100M.
The objective of this position is to ensure compliance with established and project specific procedures, engineering design standards during execution of the project and the timely completion of the activities.
* Responsible for executing the engineering scope of the project, organising the engineering team, and delivering and distributing technical documents in full compliance with the contract including appropriate technical standards and specifications.
* Maintain a good working relationship with the Discipline Engineers, hold regular progress meetings and keep the business updated of progress/costs and potential problems with the appropriate rectification measures.
* Ensure that the project deliverables such as HSE targets, financial targets and schedule targets are delivered accordingly.
* Ensure that the relevant local and international regulations are followed by the contractors, vendors and all necessary permits are obtained in a timely manner.
* Review and approve RFQ's and purchase orders and monitor the equipment and commodities through the procurement process.
* Master's degree in engineering (or equivalent)
* Intermediate project management skills with external certification (PMI or equivalent)
* Minimum 5 years of working experience in project management or engineering management.
* Vast Knowledge of the required phases for a project idea management through to commissioning and start up.
* Previous knowledge of chemical installations.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.