We have a current opportunity for a Project Engineer (piping discipline) on 28/28 rotation in Algeria on a very long term contract basis.
This is on a producing gas asset for a major operator.
The Project Engineer Piping is responsible for the day to day management, coordination/facilitation and follow up of delegated modifications/projects
If interested please send CV and availability
- Management of projects through the phases initiation, study, engineering, procurement up to hand over of installation packages to Construction Department. Further: be contact person during installation/construction period (changes/clarifications/ variations etc), commissioning, as-build and close out.
- Ensure the work is done in accordance with HSE and the procedural and technical requirements
- Coordinate with Planning and Cost Control to ensure that an integrated cost and scheduling system is implemented, reviewed and followed up for every project.
- Ensure that all approvals for expenditure have been obtained.
- Ensure variations are processed and approved according to procedures
- Assist in development of annual capital budget
- Initiate and prepare proposals for modifications/projects
- Monitor monthly performance and project budget.
- Ensure that appropriate project assurance steps are conducted throughout the project life cycle.
- Ensure that technical integrity/quality is achieved in accordance with targets.
- Ensure projects are executed in accordance with regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of project execution process
- For assigned projects, be the single contact vs the Engineering & Procurement (E&P) Contractor's project engineer and the Construction Team
- Facilitate communication between E & P contractor, Construction Team and Operations (OPS) technical resources
The post-holder shall be degree qualified in engineering (piping or mechanical)
For further information about this position please apply.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.