We have a current opportunity for a Project Engineer on a contract basis. The position will be based in Milan - Italy on a residential basis.
* Ensure all Project HSE requirements are adhered to and implemented. Ensure HSE is emphasized throughout all design activities. Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
* Support and enforce the HSEQ Project objectives and directives in compliance with the Project HSEQ management system.
* Assist the Onshore Engineering Manager in the administration of the Milan office project team and provide technical oversight and coordination.
* Focal point for technical issues/coordination between Milan and London engineering centres.
* Expedite the flow of technical information.
* Understand contractual requirements and communicate to team.
* Facilitate communication between discipline leaders and discipline engineers.
* Assist in the development of the detailed engineering schedule and monitor the progress.
* Ensure engineering deliverable from Milan office are produced in accordance with Project Schedule.
* Monitor quality of design work.
* Prepare weekly and monthly reports of the activities.
* The position is responsible for the deliveries of the Milan office, in coordination with the London office.
* Monitor activities and report to Onshore Engineering Manager on the progress.
* Liaise with Contractor's Milan team.
* Degree in appropriate Engineering discipline.
* Proficient in English language.
* Ten (10) or more years' experience in Oil and Gas and large projects.
* Knowledge of LNG Projects, offshore pipeline systems, oil and gas facilities, construction activities, and subsea components comprising a subsea working system.
* Ability to assimilate, organize and integrate information from numerous sources and communicate effectively with internal project and external teams and stakeholders.
* Excellent written and presentation skills with ability to explain technical matters to staff not conversant with the detailed technical area.
* Team player with a mindset to work with a global team and with diverse cultures.
* Able to manage time effectively, both own time and that of a team to achieve delivery of work against agreed schedules.
* Self-starter with a strong delivery focus and good problem solving and analytical skills.
* Experience of working on projects with multiple interfaces.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.