- Posted 26 August 2022
- Salary neg
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameKeir Ferguson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Project Engineer, based in Aberdeen on a 12 month basis.
* Responsible for technical activities contributing to the delivery of products, solutions and systems for the Services organisation, including activities linked to the technical improvement of existing products and components. This role will cover Customer owned and Rental Equipment across the following Product Lines: Subsea Xmas Trees, Tubing Hangers & associated tooling, Completion/Workover Riser systems and Wellhead Tooling.
* Interpreting customer technical specifications, organizing and leading the design reviews ensuring that all customer requirements, technical risks and past lessons learned are properly captured
* Understanding and applying design for manufacture principles for turning, machining, drilling, milling, and welding processes to ensure designs are suitable and allow for efficient manufacture and assembly
* Creating work packs for delegation, review detail drawings, create test procedures and lead small teams
* Creating Layouts, specify functional components, evaluate stackups, create assembly procedures, support manufacturing & workshop, undertake calculations
* Collaborating with Engineering or cross-functional initiatives on company priorities such as quality, cost control, design standard updates, with the purpose of improving product competitiveness
* Creating detailed designs for manufacture and participate and create material for design reviews including materials and environmental reviews using relevant software to prepare general drawings
* Undertaking design verification, which may include but not limited to: Tolerance studies, design reliability, design for manufacture, simple failure analysis, design reviews, calculations for design Verification purposes
* Developing conceptual design requirements and layouts for review following company design process management (DPM) protocols
* Support Client Operations
* Support Shop Operations
* Be familiar and up to date with industry standards such as API 6A, 17D, 17G
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/054241.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.