Great opportunity to work for a Major Integrated Energy Company as a Project Developer, working on the early stages of large GW scale integrated onshore wind, solar & hydrogen projects.
The successful individual will bring expertise in land acquisition, environmental impact assessment, permitting and collaborator management to the early stages of project development. They will work closely with business developers, technical project managers and central technical specialists to ensure projects are appropriately assessed, designed and drive value as far as practical in the early development stages.
- Work closely with other functions such as hydrogen and hydrocarbon regions to identify, originate and assess onshore renewables project development opportunities typically in support of multi-GW scale hydrogen production or decarbonization of hydrocarbon assets.
- Support the early stages of project development up to Feasibility at which point projects will be handed over to dedicated project teams.
- Support land acquisition, permitting, and partner management activities required to deliver the onshore renewables components of projects including the production of early-stage project development plans.
- Support project approval processes, ensure appropriate project development assurance and comprehensive handovers.
- Support the origination of onshore renewables projects to support wider strategic ambitions.
- Support acquisition processes including leading the project development elements of diligence assessments.
- Support commercial negotiations and establishing relationships with landowners for greenfield development.
- Develop and effectively lead site specific project development budgets and delivery programs.
- Support interactions with potential development partners, including external originators and/or co-developers as required to advance the development of renewables.
Education & Experience:
- A strong belief in safety and environmental responsibility and able to develop a strong safety culture in project teams.
- 10 years of experience in managing the development of energy and infrastructure projects with 6 years direct experience in onshore wind and solar with a particular focus on project origination and early-stage feasibility assessment. Hydrogen experience a plus.
- Experience of renewable energy business development, including a strong understanding of the value drivers in the renewables value chain.
- Demonstrable experience of successful project origination and progression of large-scale renewable energy projects through the early stages of development.
- Knowledge of the technical, commercial, and regulatory factors applicable to asset development including onshore wind, solar and battery technology, interconnection, site design, regulatory requirements, supply chain, contract structures, joint venture management, construction
This is a permanent staff position with a highly competitive base salary & benefits package available. The role is based in Houston with hybrid office / remote working available.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.