- Posted 27 April 2022
- Contact NameFinlay Asher
We have a current opportunity for a Project Developer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Reading. For further information about this position please apply.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Identify solar, battery energy storage and potentially wind development opportunities that help the business meet key development and strategic objectives.
- Complete due diligence reports and site visits for new project development and acquisition opportunities.
- Project manage new project development processes from inception through to construction completion.
- Lead negotiations on property agreements with landowners to provide appropriate rights to develop projects, including heads of terms and option agreements.
- Prepare, submit, and manage planning applications to include community and local planning authority engagement meetings.
- Secure consents and permits to build and operate large-scale projects.
- Manage inter-departmental processes for a project between procurement, estimating, engineering and the construction teams.
Qualificatons and Experience:
- Experience in development or planning gained within the industry.
- Previous wind development experience would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with property agreements would be an advantage.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.