- Posted 29 September 2022
- Salary £27000 - £30000 per annum
- DisciplineBuilt Environment Recruitment
- Contact NameSusan Ferguson
Projects Design Engineer
Location - Falkirk
The Project & Design Engineer will assist with sales support material for promotion of company products. Preparation of manufacturing detailed drawings in accordance with relevant standards and compliant to UK legislative requirements. During manufacturing prototypes and subsequent order requirements, support the project management of the quality and delivery requirements of the manufacturing sub-contractor to the complete satisfaction of our customers.
Qualifications and experience:
- Proven experiences within a similar working engineering environment essential
- Degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Use of PDM (preferably Vault Professional)
- Creating fabrication and assembly drawings to ISO standards utilising 3D CAD.
- Hydraulic and electrical understanding and support for product arrangement and diagnostics
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD Software, engineering design, simulation and FEA (preferably AutoDesk Inventor Professional)
- Knowledge and understanding of structural calculations, mechanical mechanisms and fabrication and machining processes
- Understanding of electrical and hydraulic circuits and components
- Producing mechanical systems from concept to full detailed design
- Use of FEA and mechanical calculations to prove structural integrity of a part and/or assembly
- Aptitude to prioritise own tasks with occasional instruction, to execute duties to a satisfactory end
- Awareness of timescales and budget spends
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.