Location: Waukegan, IL (Hybrid: 2 days remote, 3 days on-site)
Contract Length: 12 Months
Pay Rate: $28-32.50/hr
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree with 3-5 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Manages the development and implementation process of company's products and services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products.
- Estimates project levels of effort and resource requirements by using standard estimating techniques and tools, and by working with appropriate staff to understand scope of effort. Prepares project plans, schedules, and budgets by using project management tools such as Microsoft Project and by working with appropriate staff to understand tasks necessary to complete project.
- Directs project execution by assigning tasks, tracking project schedules, identifying risks, and developing and executing contingency plans.
- Assures project quality by using standard development methodologies and by working with SQA to develop and execute project quality plans.
- Communicates project status by preparing standard status reports, and by participating in departmental and customer project status update meetings.
- Resolves project issues by working with team members, project customers, and others as appropriate.
- Consults with internal project groups by sharing project management knowledge and assisting or mentoring more junior project leaders in project management processes and techniques.
Technical/Business Knowledge (Job Skills)
- Working technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices and procedures.
- General understanding of business unit/group function.
- Will perform this job in a quality system environment.
- Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.
- (Cognitive Skills) Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Has a broad knowledge of technical alternatives and an understanding of their impact on the systems environment.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.