Project Controls/PMO Manager
Location - Rosyth, Fife
Salary - competitive
Our client is the UK's leading Engineering Support Services company employing over 27,000 people worldwide operating in the Defence, Mining & Construction, Rail, Nuclear, Energy, Property Management and Education & Training sectors
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Controls/PMO Manager to join their company.
Engineer, Procure, Construct experience preferred due to the typical projects undertaken by our client. It would be highly advantageous if previous experience of Fixed Price Contracts.
Full project lifecycle - cradle to grave experience required, gained in an all round role as opposed to niche specialist area
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for establishing/maintaining or adhering to the specific PMO governance, processes and procedures across a project
- Establish the project baseline position in terms of scope/cost / Top schedule and the ongoing governance control of these.
- Manage scheduling staff to develop, manage, revise, and analyze integrated project schedules including all phases of project execution
- Manage project controls staff to provide cost management/change management/risk & opportunity management and document management provision.
- Provision of regular management reporting both internal and external to the project to provide relevant, accurate and reliable information on the status and forecast of the project.
Additional Key Accountabilities:
(Describe the roles operational responsibility in terms of volume/quality/timeliness/decision making/tactical/strategic)
- Managing stakeholders , taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests
- Establishing governance reviews at appropriate points during the project lifecycle
- Planning and controlling of finances
- Gathering independent evidence to provide confidence that the project is likely to achieve the success criteria
- Collation of lessons learned and onward communication to business process owners.
- Develop , implement and update resource allocations plans taking account of availabilities and scheduling
- Integration and alignment of project control toolsets
- Deputise for the Project Manager
- Ensure that PMO requirements are flowed down into the supply chain
- Planning and tracking of benefits
- Schedule and Cost Risk analysis inputs/outputs