- Posted 30 May 2022
- Contact NameMonika Gajda
We currently have a staff opportunity for a Production Press Operative to join our Client's busy operations based in Inverness.
Reporting to the Shift Manager, the successful candidate will be qualified to a higher education level or have suitable relevant experience in a continuous operating environment, preferably gained from manufacturing or production backgrounds.
- Operating and maintaining all plant and machinery to expected standards in accordance with Health and Safety policy of the company
- Maintaining adequate records in conjunction with the QA manual as required
- Monitoring and controlling working area and carrying out any maintenance and checks as required
- Monitoring operating parameters of equipment, maintaining an accurate log of abnormalities and reporting deviations/process interruptions to relevant personnel
- Monitoring and controlling fire-fighting equipment
- Monitoring equipment ensuring Planned Maintenance is carried out as per manufacturer recommendations
- Maintaining a high standard of housekeeping and promoting safe working environment for all
- Liaison with other departments to ensure safe and efficient running of the area
- Working safely as part of a Production Team in a continuous rotating shift basis which may require working different patterns to cover operating requirements and working in different parts of the operation within your capabilities as and when required.
- Effective communication with other departments
- Actively assisting in co-ordinating and developing hazard identification, Risk Assessment and creation of Safe Systems of Work for all tasks with the aim of developing a safe system of work for every task. Ensuring that the SSOW is used and reviewed as necessary should the task, method, or hazard change
- Ensuring that operational EHS procedures are followed and all EHS incidents are reported
- Attending pre-shift crew talks and Safety Awareness sessions
Qualifications / Skills / Experience:
- Higher / A Level education (including Math's and English) or suitable relevant experience in a fast-moving continuous manufacturing environment
- Self-assured and direct with the skills to challenge and influence at all levels of the business
- Experience of change management
- Excellent Health and Safety awareness
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and also as a part of team
- Ability to work shifts
- HNC/D Level education
- Production / manufacturing background
- Health & Safety knowledge and experience
- Trained trainer experience
- Working experience in a 365 day 24/7 environment
- Previous team training
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV and quoting job ref: PR/053337.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.