911781 - Process Manager
Our client is the Highlands leading, family owned, multi-disciplined contractor. They offer a range of services from asbestos removal to demolition, construction and waste disposal.
They are currently recruiting for the position Process Manager, based in Alness, Scotland.
- Manage the Waste Transfer process, setting goals and performing continuous improvement assessments.
- Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming Health and Safety legislation and ensure that the Business has systems and procedures in place to meet legal compliance.
- Work proactively with managers and other key staff to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement in and management of Health and Safety within their areas of responsibility, which includes conducting regular audits.
- Ensure that rigorous risk assessment and accident management systems are in place to enable Faculty and Resource areas, including outreach centres, to undertake risk assessment processes to identify hazards and to ensure that appropriate control measures are in place.
- Maintain a central record of all risk assessments and monitor recording within Directorate and Resource areas.
- Approve risk assessments for student trips, visits, work experience and workplace assessments.
- Discuss areas for improvement with relevant staff and/or external bodies and agree appropriate corrective action.
- Assist with fire risk assessments according to an agreed schedule and in line with legal requirements.
- Liaise with Occupational Health Service staff on health surveillance where a risk assessment has identified a need, including carrying out stress risk assessments when required.
- Maintain appropriate records.
- Above all, ability to motivate the staff to work within procedure, especially Health and Safety Legislation. Adopting a "Zero Harm" approach.
Skills and Experience
- Supervisory/management experience in a Process or Factory environment.
- An understanding/experience of Process equipment, Machinery and Tools.
- Competent motivator of staff/teams.
- Understanding of employment laws, disciplinary procedures, H& S requirements, completing of reports & investigations.
- Understanding of dairy technology, filling protocols, due diligence and implications to the business.
- Knowledge of Waste Transfer environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with Customers, Business Managers and staff at all levels.
- High degree of Numerate, literate and computer competence.
- Understanding of operation of machinery and processes.
- Chemical Awareness.
- COSHH training.
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 911781.