We have requirements for Process Engineers on permanent basis. The position will be based in London or Milton Keynes - this is the decision of the candidate.
downstream and energy transition work.
Potential to progress over the years into project
engineering, or business development and other career routes.
Staff Senior Process Engineer
Delivery and coordination of technically complex process engineering design within proposals, studies, projects execution & operations, as part of a study and/or project team, in accordance with design & engineering standards & procedures, schedules and budget, with a continuous concern for quality standards, targets and customer satisfaction.
Job scope (budget, management, specific criteria):
Activities dedicated to one specific study/project.
- Analyses project specifications, tender and proposals requirements.
- Technology evaluation, selection and economic assessment.
- Process configuration and optimization studies
- Contributes to the development of design parameters and methodologies.
- Prepares technically correct, safe, environmentally friendly, cost & time effective discipline engineering analysis and solutions for approval.
- Design basis and philosophy documents (safeguarding, shutdown, relief & blowdown, isolation)
- Process description
- Process modelling and simulation
- PFD's and heat & material balance
- MSD and material selection philosophy
- Process and Utility P&ID's. P&ID development including selection of design conditions, hydraulic analysis, line sizing and pipe specifications, equipment isolation, vent and drain systems, cause and effects.
- Sizing and specification of equipment including knowledge of distillation tower design and tray sizing
- Sizing and specification of in-line Instrumentation.
- Utilities and chemicals consumption summaries.
- Simulations and calculations.
- Provides support to all project activities, from engineering to start-up, as required.
- Participates as discipline lead or area lead in safety, environmental and operability reviews (HAZOP, HAZID, ENVID, SIL).
- Interfaces with other process engineering disciplines and design team(s).
- Assists in development of a process knowledge databases for studies, projects and/or operations (capturing and reporting events & experiences within studies, projects & operations and writing of technical notes).
- Relief system design including PSV sizing, flare hydraulics and radiation analysis.
We welcome applications from accomplished engineers who want to join a company that can offer opportunities in a growing, challenging and exciting sector of the energy industry. We'd love to hear from you if have the following qualifications, skills and expertise:
- BSc or MSc in Chemical Engineering with wide ranging background Gas/Liquids Cracking Technology
- Theoretical understanding of process design methods & tools.
- Considerable knowledge in Oil & Gas Processing, Refining and/or Ethylene/ Petrochemicals, preferably with an engineering contractor.
- Experience of leading teams of 3-5 Process Engineers.
- Technology Awareness of Ethylene, Petrochemicals, Refining, Offsites & Utilities.
- Engineering Work Processes Inter-discipline coordination, change management.
- Knowledge of Industry Codes and Standards (API, ASTM, ASME etc).
Process simulation: Hysys, PRO/II, PROMAX, Flarenet, Flaresim.
For further information about this position please apply.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.